Vaccine

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Managed to get me and the missus 1st jabs done last night, Oxford vaccine.

Running a temperature today and legs have been killing all day but other than that all hunky dory 👍

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I think once this is all over and the ONS figures are released we might see some adjustments being made in order to offer a true comparison to world figures, however at the end of the day a death is a death and the more accurate figure will be the differential between the five year average and this past year's death tally.
I suspect we may never get to a complete picture of deaths, because of the secondary impact of Covid.

On the one hand, Covid will have reduced deaths in some groups (less road traffic accidents, less flu etc.), but you also have potentially higher morbidity from delayed/cancelled operations, lower routine diagnostics in GP surgery, lower cancer detection etc.

Add in the notorious lose coding of cause of death and the ONS figures provide a good indication of the number of deaths due to Covid, but I would never say it was accurate.

I can imagine a lot of funding being allocated to morbidity analyses down the line to try and separate out the elements I mention above, but I doubt it will ever be conclusive.

BarryS

Gone fishing
Managed to get me and the missus 1st jabs done last night, Oxford vaccine.

Running a temperature today and legs have been killing all day but other than that all hunky dory 👍
I had the cold shivers on the first night......needed lots of covers to get warm and a hot water bottle ( remember them ? ) felt fine in the morning. Wife had a headache for a couple of days ........Both feeling ok now .

Deejay8

Site Supporter
My wife and I have got our appointments to attend the vaccination centre at Stithians Showground tomorrow morning, so very happy about that.

There was a bit of confusion, because most of the GP surgeries in our area, have been contacting patients directly,telling them to book online using the NHS Vaccination Booking System if possible for an appointment at Stithians, but are also happy to make appointments to do vaccinations at the surgery for those who can't travel out to ,what is basically a big field out in the country. But our GP Surgery has chosen not to directly contact any patients or do any vaccinations themselves. And they are only communicating this on the News section of their website, and on Social Media. And they are telling patients it's up to them to find a way to get to Stithians. I only found out that we were supposed to make the arrangements ourselves, when my cousin, who is working at the Vaccination Centre contacted me to tell us to book online. She said that they had noticed a lack of patients from our GP Surgery coming to the Centre, because of a lack of communication with their patients. Lots of the patients were sat waiting for information that wasn't forthcoming.

H T B

Site Supporter
That went nice and smoothly.
Everyone involved was very polite and pleasant.

Thanks to all at Melton Mowbray Village Sports village.

Get the second jab sometime in the next 12 weeks, and first jab takes upto 2 weeks for full effect.

If you want to see how I'm doing, you can go onto #whoyoucallingparanoid? ;)

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Had my first jab this morning, all very smooth and well organised. Didnt feel a thing. Had the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
Everybody had to wait 15 minutes before being allowed to leave. Not had any side effects so far.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Had my first jab this morning, all very smooth and well organised. Didnt feel a thing. Had the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
Everybody had to wait 15 minutes before being allowed to leave. Not had any side effects so far.
Only side effect from today is sore arm so far had to wait 15 min as well

Donny Pete

Site Supporter
I’ve not heard a thing about when I’m going to get the vaccine. I’m 53 with no underlying health problems and I hope they’ve not forgot about me.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I’ve not heard a thing about when I’m going to get the vaccine. I’m 53 with no underlying health problems and I hope they’ve not forgot about me.
They are still working through 60 plus, people with underlying health conditions, full time carers, people with learning disabilities and people shielding. Once they're done, then it's going to be 55 plus and then 50 plus. This should happen before the end of April. Then from March until the end of July, they aim to reach every remaining adult in the U.K. So you may have a few weeks yet. But you won't be forgotten.

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
It depends on the area which age groups are being vaccinated. One of my friends has his vaccine booked for this Friday, he was contacted last week & is only 53 with no underlying health conditions