Vaccine

62tucker

Site Supporter
Had mine (AZ) Mon 8th. No problems not even a sore arm. Then started with headaches on Sat 13th. These have got worse as the week has gone on. Also got Shivers, Sweats, Feeling Sick, Aching Joints, Sore Eyes, Tender Scalp, Dry Mouth, loss of appetite and unsteadiness. Even went for a test Wednesday which gave a negative result. Spoke to the Doc today he said evey problem is typical of the effects of the AZ Vaccine. He said it should pass in a couple of days and that I need to keep taking Paracetamol and plenty of fluids. I asked if it was usual for it to take 6 days to come out and still be poorly 7 after that. He said it was unusual.
I be getting another test on Monday if no better

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Its taken since 4 o clock but it does feel really bruised , mother had same with pfizer but daughter ok with the astra ,no bruising but felt sick ,headache ,and tired
I had really bad bruising after my last flu jab, which is unusual. I put it down to it being done at a drive through centre, and having it put in my left arm, and the jab not going in straight.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well nearly 24hrs after my Astra-Zeneca jab, I feel absolutely fine. Very, very slightly achy arm, but other than that, fine :)

Maverick

Site Supporter
Getting mine done tomorrow at a cricket club. Will they tell you which vaccine your getting if you ask? I know you can't choose.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Getting mine done tomorrow at a cricket club. Will they tell you which vaccine your getting if you ask? I know you can't choose.
I hope it doesn't knock you for six!!

To answer your question, you will get a card which tells you the vaccine you have received, and possibly an appointment for the second jab.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
When they took my details as I checked in, they just said 'we're on Astra-Zeneca today'.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
After my Flu jab last year I had a swollen upper arm and it was hot to the touch - this turned out to be a known side effect of the Flu jab

However, apart from a bit of an aching shoulder I had no issues from the Phizer jab

Keith Sparky

Latest good news from Isreal roll out is that they have confirmed a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine based on over 500,000 results is showing high 90% plus efficacy after 21 days and no drop off in effectiveness within 9 weeks and expectation that a single dose is still effectiveness for 6 months or more. This is first real world data and again underlines the UK single dose then 12 week gap for both the Oxford and now Pfizer vaccines was a spot on call

62tucker

Site Supporter
Daughter says they had no positive tests on the ward on Saturday and Sunday day shift.
But said it was a 💩 show with everything else. Busier than any time with covid.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Matt Hancock “plans to vaccinate all adults by 31st July”

The end (is hopefully) in sight.. 😃

Backwoodsman

Site Supporter
Had the astra one, bad headache the following day. That’s all, well worth having the vaccine. The french and German politicians have poured scorn on the astra vaccine, the result is large swathes of the population in these countries wont take up the vaccine . If things go to plan as a country we should be relatively clear by summer. Highly unlikely that Spain and France will be clear, Johnson might care to reflect how quickly macron banned uk Travellers to France.

Backwoodsman

Site Supporter
Daughter says they had no positive tests on the ward on Saturday and Sunday day shift.
But said it was a 💩 show with everything else. Busier than any time with covid.
Absolute respect to your daughter, it’s been a mammoth task for the nhs. Hopefully when all this is over the true facts of this virus will emerge.
‘apparently no deaths from flue have been recorded this winter. I find that very difficult to believe.

grey

Site Supporter
Had the astra one, bad headache the following day. That’s all, well worth having the vaccine. The french and German politicians have poured scorn on the astra vaccine, the result is large swathes of the population in these countries wont take up the vaccine . If things go to plan as a country we should be relatively clear by summer. Highly unlikely that Spain and France will be clear, Johnson might care to reflect how quickly macron banned uk Travellers to France.
Yes, another big mistake for the EU to discredit it to cover their mistakes. Even if delivered late, AstraZenica still offers the best solution for a country's full vaccination.

As you say, when the EU do get sufficient quantities of AZ, their population will likely refuse it due to the scaremongering by shortsighted EU leaders.

We should recognise this didn't just happen, the EU's reaction was deliberated and calculated. I consider it an absolute disgrace to place further risk on peoples lives to cover their mistakes.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Absolute respect to your daughter, it’s been a mammoth task for the nhs. Hopefully when all this is over the true facts of this virus will emerge.
‘apparently no deaths from flue have been recorded this winter. I find that very difficult to believe.
What’s making it even harder for them atm is no visitors. Understand why but she works where ambulance bring people in. It’s like after A&E and normally elderly who had heart attacks or stokes etc. Been in myself with my dad and just a family member being there is a major help to the nurses.
Also loads now with mental health issues
Drink and drug issues as well. And not all young.
Wonder if we get to stage. Suicide due to covid issue. Alcoholic due to covid issues. Could the aftermath be worse or close to the cause ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think once this is all over and the ONS figures are released we might see some adjustments being made in order to offer a true comparison to world figures, however at the end of the day a death is a death and the more accurate figure will be the differential between the five year average and this past year's death tally.