Vaccine

DaveGas

Had first one (Pfizer) on New years eve, second one booked for next Thursday, I do work in the NHS and have face to face contact with clients I'm also clinically vulnerable due to taking/injecting immune suppressant medication.

John Step

Site Supporter
Just had a letter inviting me for a jab. I HAVE ALREADY HAD IT. Mrs had a duplicate letter too. All extra expense for the postage.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Automated process and I don't think the NHS are charged the same rates as us for postage ;)
Same as a lot of the franked mail, it's all heavily discounted for the big users.

Zerkalo

My parents had the Astra Zeneca jab in Brigdnorth yesterday evening. My sister reckons I should be group 6 or something so should get a call from my GP not long now.

rudd

Site Supporter
On phone with a chap in his 30's who has had virus at Christmas, three weeks after recovering tested + again.
He's Just finished self isolation and was called to doctors yesterday and given vaccine.

His doctors are using up slots where alot of people are not turning up.
His ward is in an area of a town with a high population of an ethnic minority many who are refusing the jab 😐 and also normally has a high student population - most of whom were sent home before Christmas.

My Daughter is at home but registered to a GP in University town - where she will be given vaccine as thats were her official current residence is.

Suspect many student residences have Covid jab appointment letters laying unopened?

Deejay8

Site Supporter
We've just had a letter from the NHS telling my wife that she has now been moved into the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable category, and has to shield until 31st March, because her diabetes, combined with her Multiple Sclerosis puts her at a high risk. As her unpaid and sole full time carer, I should get my jab at the same time.
It's scary hearing that she is in danger of dying from the virus. But she has been put to the top of the vaccine list. And the government has recommended that carers be vaccinated along with their charges, so that the care isn't compromised by a sick carer.
It's a massive relief, because I have been so worried about her getting ill, and I also worry constantly about falling ill myself, and her being left without proper care. My worse nightmare is that my wife would be left without care, and wouldn't be able to cope. Especially as our back up care plan involves my sister, who is currently out of action due to a double hip replacement.
Life is so hard for my wife, so this pandemic and the Lockdowns have been awful.
Although we won't be out of the woods until the jabs are in our arms, I do feel a sense of a weight being lifted, and a bit emotional about it. If we are careful in the next few weeks, then we might just make it through this pandemic intact.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Five of my neighbours ,and Sister an Brother in law all say the Astra Zenica , and one Pfizer vaccine,
made them ill.
So i must have been given a placebo, because ive had no ill affects at all,

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Very impressive arrived 14.55 got called into the room dead on 15.00 out by 15.03 sit down for 10 mins because i was driving , staff, procedure explanation the whole experience carried out with military precision

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Why the eulogising over the process ; blood tests take less than five mins, think you been listening to the establishment to much, don’t see what the big deal is the NHS and community nursing have been doing jabs; inoculation. For neigh on 40 years , sums up what folk are fed from the Marketing people ,

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why the eulogising over the process ; blood tests take less than five mins, think you been listening to the establishment to much, don’t see what the big deal is the NHS and community nursing have been doing jabs; inoculation. For neigh on 40 years , sums up what folk are fed from the Marketing people ,
Probably due to the not inconsiderable logistical effort involved to vaccinate the numbers in the timeframe. I'm pretty sure there has been nothing involving the numbers and timescale in this country in living memory. So praise where it's due for all of those involved as far as I'm concerned. :upthumb:

Of course there will always be knockers but they're best ignored IMO.

Tristar

Site Supporter
Got my phone call to attend next Tuesday. I thought they were doing vulnerable people first? I don't want to be pushing in, I'll ring them tomorrow.