Vaccine

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Wife n daughter have had first one. Father in law has had both his.
good luck 👍

stikflote

Site Supporter
Had the jab this morning it went like clockwork ,i had the Oxford one ,with that one you can straight home,
but if you Pfizer one you have stay for 15 mins ,

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Both my parents and wifes parent got first jab 2 weeks ago. Not sure which one they got.

bryanh

Site Supporter
Just had Doctor on offered me the jab on Saturday so thats a a relief ,i no there's no guarantee

but it be bloody stupid not to have it

Keith
Same here; phone call at 11.45." We have one spare dose after our morning vacc session, can you be here within 5 minutes?"
12.00 back home having a coffee, after having Oxford AZ jab. Like you I have an open mind, there's so many contradictory opinions from the various medical experts but hey-ho, it's done now. The Doc couldn't give a date for the follow up as that was the very last dose and he doesn't know when further stocks will be forthcoming through the chaotic Scottish supply-chain.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Mum had the oxford jab this morning, next jab to be given in 4 - 12 weeks, they will contact her again nearer the time.

grumpy44

Site Supporter
i and the wife had ours at 5pm. oxford one. back home in 40 mins, really easy. given a date for next one. it was really well planed at the derby arena its going to be huge when its fully up and running.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter

rudd

Site Supporter
Have had enough of MSM comparing % of over eighties vaccinated as its very disproportionate.

Suffolk has lowest percentage rate in country and is said to be lagging behind.

Suffolk has a very high number of over 80's compared to rest of country as people retire to our outstanding coast. Cities will suffer when it comes to middle aged down to mid twenries whilst rural and coastal towns will zip through them age groups.

Give us real numbers per day instead of incomparable percentages!

baboboy

Site Supporter
Hearing from nurses in Lewisham in London a number of people are not turning up for their appointments. :mad::mad:
Same here. We've had quite a few emails at work for spare vaccines. When folk know how much it costs and logistical the effort required to prepare the vaccine. You'd think they'd be able to turn up to an appointment. Had mine yesterday. All fine apart from a really achey arm.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Ir's inevitable that when rolling out a vaccination program as large as this that there will be local variations. It's not surprising that London has the lower uptake - less elderly people, more people in groups who aren't so keen on the vaccine and more difficult travel logistics.

However, as a country we just need to crack on where we can. As long as we are not under-resourcing London then we shouldn't disrupt the bits that are working in order to put a disproportionate effort elsewhere. As usual Khan is taking every opportunity to turn this into a political matter rather than focussing on the welfare of his electorate.

The latest analysis from Israel shows the impact of the vaccine on the over 60s. Look at the difference in case numbers in the vaccine group vs the non-vaccine group. It looks like it take a little time to kick in (we know it take a while to boost immunity) but the results are dramatic. If you needed 'real world evidence' of the impact of the vaccine then this is it.

1611478345643.png