Utter tosh from the non-fishing public! AT

90sGear

Site Supporter
Best thing to say those apparent know it alls when asked about if you’ve caught is say yes about 8 bream, 2 tench and about 20lb of roach but then add it is easy though here isn’t it :)

tincatim

Site Supporter
Yeah it’s not exactly high-brow reading, but that’s symptomatic of today’s click-bait focused press. It’s all about generating traffic and clicks to increase ad revenue. Quality journalism has taken a nosedive or can only be found behind a paywall.

I’ve got no major problem with the AT ‘article’, it is what it is, a 60 second read with no real substance. It does raise a discussion point though so it’s been useful there.

On topic, I’m usually happy to speak to people if they have questions for me. Angler or not. Im sure some people ask stupid questions on purpose though. Most non-anglers are polite and friendly, they say “morning” and share pleasantries.

Around here I tend to find two types of angling passer-by.

Character number one is the chavvy loudmouth stomping along the river bank making lots of noise. Often found shouting down the phone at someone, topless in the summer and usually with a can or spliff in hand. Their queries include; “YOU HAD ANY CARP/BARBEL PAL?”, “HOW MANY/HOW BIG/WHAT BAIT/WHERE DID YOU CAST etc…
They shout loudly and struggling and have no listening skills, but they do like to tell you about their great successes.

Character number two is what I call the amiable angler. Quiet, respectful, without a huge ego and always looking to learn and improve. They approach carefully and ask thoughtful questions without the need to get into a bragging contest. I like these people, I’ve got all the time in the world for them.

Character two is more likely to be a member on here. Character two is guaranteed to be an illiterate Facebook user.

3_rollers

My brother was a journalist for Birmingham Live and the amount of abuse he got online made him quit the job after a year, left him needing medication. :LOL:
The Birmingham live haters must be the same as the stoke on Trent live haters, they're a growing group and full of absolute poison and hatred towards the reporters, I only read the articles to witness the illogical rage they emit 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
The Birmingham live haters must be the same as the stoke on Trent live haters, they're a growing group and full of absolute poison and hatred towards the reporters, I only read the articles to witness the illogical rage they emit 😂😂😂😂😂😂
I think he got a lot on Twitter as well from people who googled him. Only just came off the antidepressants. :confused: :LOL: