Utd V Liverpool

Northantslad

'Any indications?
For the first time in a long while, I think the 'anything can happen and form goes out of the window in this one' might just be a cliché.

Held them to a stale mate in the same fixture last year, boring as it may seem, this year I would take that all day long, but I do hope its a spectacle regardless of the way I feel its going to go.

Strange really, when going back to our hay day, it was always said that no matter what happens over the season, its a must win game for bragging rights and in a time when the outcome didn't affect our success either way. I would suggest now, that we can forget bragging rights as a motivator and look over our shoulder at the bottom 3 if we don't get something.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Some of Uniteds player need to Man up , if you can't up your game against the Scouse it's time to say bye bye

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Yep, I need to as well I think Mick, I am sitting here fearing a right demolition job. The backlash I can take, but seeing us get made to look as bad as we are by a side more than capable of doing that to us I can't bear.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Can’t see anything but a defeat, we don’t have enough quality to compete. Love Ole for what he did as a player. But he’s out of his depth as the manager of MUFC

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
I fancy we might see a surprise result as the International break could stop Liverpools momentum.

Needs United to score first and not let Liverpool hit them on the break.

Ruddles #

0-0 written all over it. Prob be a proper boring game liverpool wont go there and have a go should do but wont united will take a point and stop Liverpools winning streak and they will be happy with it

H T B

Site Supporter
Just watched Crystal Palace v Man City
Man City, in their lovely kit, looked like a bunch of fruit salads
Then their left back, Mendy, got the ball
Wow, he looked like a black jack wrapped in a fruit salad!
Am I allowed to say that?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Not liking the way Daniel James looks around when he hits and stays on the deck.
Aftr the Wales midweek incident he has the look of cheat written all over him.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
A neutral can't really lose here, unless they've got money riding on the result.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
He did but once you start looking around for the ref or to see what play is doing before you "act up" it raises the question.
After the Wales game he will have a reputation now and today it showed a little as play carried on.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
James is making a name for himself for both good and bad reasons, but I also felt he did get a hell of a clattering, probably because he is making a name for himself in that respect. Refs are seeming quite reluctant to look after him too, probably because he has made a name for himself again. By the same token, I think Origi's fall and holding the wrong leg for a minute went against him, i still thought it was a free kick though.

I have come to the conclusion now the game is being ruined by some daft rules, rules that have only come in because teams, players and may be some managers encourage them to use rules to gain advantage.

In terms of decisions, we did get a more than fair rub of the green yesterday and that's not considering the VAR matters.

Before VAR you had get some, lose some, over the season it evens out. With VAR you have get some, lose some, over the season it evens out. So from I can see, value added by VAR- zero.

Too much at stake, teams won't even put the ball out for their own team mate when they are down, but get a bee in their bonnet when the opposition don't. All a little daft to me.

No complaints with the score of course and the Liverpool goal for me occurred purely because of something that Graham Taylor pointed out a good while back; re-starts/breaks in play win and lose games. We went to sleep during the Liverpool substitution that preceded their goal.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
If VAR did what I thought it was supposed to do there would be penalties awarded every game for shirt pulling in the area,it seems as if has become an accepted part of play these days,it's a foul clear and simple,Sheff Utd got away with one tonight (thankfully :LOL: ) the refs award free kicks for it outside the area but seem scared to award then in it.