Using Your Loaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter

As the autumn draws on and the fishing gets a little harder, I have just realised that I have not used Bread as a bait at all this year.
Do you guys still use it for anything other than your sandwiches, and if so, for what species/conditions?
Thanks,
Hunter

ray

it's one of my fave baits on rivers for chub, flake on the hook and mashed/liquidised for feed or punched on the canal for roach.

a fool and his litter are soon parted.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Last edited:

norm

hunter 4 weeks ago i had 50lb of carp off the top on the pole using floating bread

ps the same venue is stuffed with prime barbel (sos trogg ) lol

crusty

Hunter, breads a good bait to use all year, even in the very depths of winter.
My favorite way of using it at this time of year is a big flake, freelined if possable so it sinks very slowly and just rests on the bottom, i've found this deadly for carp and bream when a regular trickle of groundbait or maggots is going in.

Heres a good tip, to gain confidence in using bread, go to your local pond, river, canal, and look for signs of people feedig ducks, its easy to find somewhere, near houses, or parks or dog walks, and all you do is go along with your tackle and a couple of loaves and feed the expectent ducks.
when the ducks have had enough (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!) stop feeding, let it all settle down, then flick out a large flake.
worked for me.
still does.

crusty

martin.

Account Locked
hi crusty
whats your fav part of the loaf you use ?
wouldnt be the slices each end would it , cant think what they call them

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

matt

Hi Hunter, as winter kicks in and the rivers loose their colour, bred punch and white crumb really come into their own as a great roach bait. feed small balls of crumb on a little and often basis and fish a pellet of bread over the top and the fish will soon get going. hope this helps mate

HEY DUDE............
[img]https://www.maggotdrowning.com/smilies/afro.gif

crusty

Hi Martin, the end bits are called
the summer hookbaits!
and don't get me started on bread, i'm a bit of an obsessive, make my own, flavours, textures, colours, I love the stuff. fave bait by a long way.

crusty

martin.

Account Locked
hi
i dont know about anyone else but ive found that white bread crumb is very tacky when mixed hovever you try to mix it.
ive found the best is liquidised bread just a gentle squeeze &
it just clouds up as soon as it hits the water , a tighter squeeze & it will sink before clouding up.
the only time ill use white crumb is as a binder on faster waters or to slow the breakup of balls of g/bait when im pre baiting

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
I use bread all the time for chub summer and winter. In the winter i will use flake along with a feeder full of liquidised bread. [;)] and in the summer for tench on the bottom, carp on the bottom and surface and chub on the bottom and the surface. All these fish i hav found will take bread [:)]

Tight lines [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.