Using feeder as pellet waggler

rufcuk

Firstly not interested if you think a feeder rod is wrong for job or fishing playing and curve is not right - as it’s temp for a few months and don’t use that often

what I want to know if what oz tip people would recommend to be similar to a pellet waggler rod ?
Thanks

Total

Site Supporter
Firstly not interested if you think a feeder rod is wrong for job or fishing playing and curve is not right - as it’s temp for a few months and don’t use that often

what I want to know if what oz tip people would recommend to be similar to a pellet waggler rod ?
Thanks
Obviously depends on the length of your feeder rod, size of pellet waggler being chucked etc, but as a rough guide I'd use a 2 oz tip....(y)

davej1981

I only own a feeder rod atm and use it for pellet waggler. Have the heaviest tip in (think its a 2oz) and it does the job! It casts the waggler and lands fish. Bites tend to rip the tip round anyway, dont think ive had to strike at a bite yet!

Last edited:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Before I got a proper pellet waggler rod I used my feeder rod with about a 1oz tip in to flick a 3g float out - handled carp to 6lb without issue but kit casting very far, maybe 5-6 rod lengths out

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
A rod, is a rod is a rod. The name on the rod is not an absolute.

Just as in law a racehorse and cart horse are treated the same, they are both horses.