Using 30mm accessories on a 36mm leg - adapters?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
The Rive box we got yesterday has 36mm legs and came with a host of accessories for the 36mm legs but the only side trays I have that we use with the existing 19mm square leg box are a PUPPS tray and a really nice Preston On Box tray which fits up to 30mm (with inserts for 19mm square).

I’d like to use the Preston tray on the Rive box so does anyone know if someone manufactures a 36mm to 30mm step down block that would push into the top of a leg or has anyone come across an alternative solution to adapting accessories in this way?

Worst case scenario is a session in the workshop when the fitter comes back to work from hols and I we try turning a length of 40mm HDPE or steel rod down on the lathe if we have some in stock. Think the HDPE is probably the better option as that is more likely to make a better push fit item.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Save yourself a lot of hassle, sell the 30mm accessories, then buy good secondhand 36mm with the proceeds.

That's what I did, and once I'd sold a few bits extra that I never used in the first place, I turned a small profit such is the demand out there

Don’tTellEmYourName

Site Supporter
If you turn a part I’d suggest HDPE rather than steel that’ll rust. Better still alloy would be easier to turn and possibly longer lasting depending on the alloy. 👍

OldTaff

Site Supporter
If you turn a part I’d suggest HDPE rather than steel that’ll rust. Better still alloy would be easier to turn and possibly longer lasting depending on the alloy. 👍
We are a feed manufacturer so everything is stainless or HDPE - we don’t use alloy for anything - so rust isn’t an option but stainless can be a beggar to turn at times.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Save yourself a lot of hassle, sell the 30mm accessories, then buy good secondhand 36mm with the proceeds.

That's what I did, and once I'd sold a few bits extra that I never used in the first place, I turned a small profit such is the demand out there

That’s a really sensible option - I have the Preston side tray, several plain extension bars (Maver & unbranded) plus the On Box XL feeder arm so that might fund a new 36mm side tray if there is the demand you say there is.

Chris gave us a long feeder arm, keepnet/accessory arm & long top kit roost which is all we need in conjunction with the 36mm Preston Ripple bar that I already have and use until such time we get to a point of fishing a match & need net clamps of some description.

I can keep the Seymo 19mm square extension bars and PUPPS stuff we had off Mick with the B-Tec and will continue to use that for little river sesssions or when Jacob and I are fishing together and can have “father & son” stations.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
@OldTaff Sensas do one I got one for my side tray when I bought a rive box just drilled out the rivet tapped it off replaced with new 36 mm sensas one and re riveted. I got mine from matchman supplies

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You can get these and covert your accessories to suit if possible...

They come in packs of two as a rule but just check as some sellers split them to singles

Don’tTellEmYourName

Site Supporter
I love these kinds of fixes rather than just buying new accessories for the ‘new’ box.

I find fix and repair very satisfying. Well having said that I’m not keen on lying under the car welding patches into it - but it has to be done 😬