Used Tackles fishing show

Status
Not open for further replies.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Anyone going Dec 7 or 8 at the Newark Showground ??

Trevski and myself will be there on Saturday.

chill out go fishing

Last edited:

Polepot

Poles
John,

now I have got hooked on Piking I'll be there to get some more gear. Don't knowwhich day yet

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

martin.

Account Locked
hi
me & phil will be there most probally on sat

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
hopefully we'll be there on the saturday but it all depends on work (if someone goes sick i'll have to cover)

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Larry

Lazarus
Hope fully be there on the saturday as well.

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Polepot

Poles
It looks like I'll have to go on Saturday as well

Poles

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
theres been a change of plan, it looks as if we will be there on Sunday now

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
me, phil & (pos) sammy will be there sat & will be in the bar
about 1200hrs if anyone wants to meet up

tight lines.
martin.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
If a certain skiving member of staff doesn't get back to work by saturday i'll not be going.

We've got the tickets but now my mother-in-law has gone off "sick" AGAIN (it happens every two to three weeks).

If we do get over there i'll give you a ring & find out where you are mate.

Alan

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Its plan c now or is that revert to plan a....... whatever.... We will be there on Saturday now. Any one wanting car/tackle stickers drop me a pm. and I will bring them with me. heres my mobile no. 07815843819 See you there brothers of the angle.

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
hi john
as i said ill be in bar round about 1200 i think youve got my number so for rest its 07880 663192
anyone else coming sat

tight lines.
martin.

Trevski

Nice one martin, see you there.

Mines a dog

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Larry

Lazarus
Sorry lads can't make it now got to go in to work to do a rush order for a new customer.Enjoy yourselves i ;ll think of you all ,drinking beer ,&looking at&buying all that new &used tackle.
CATCHYAL8TAMYM8S.

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Polepot

Poles
richard and I'll be there on saturday.

See you all in the bar at 12:00

Poles

Polepot

Poles
Well I went ot this show and met up briefly with Martin Sammy, Treviski and Essox. Not in the Bar cause there wasn't one.

This is the fourth show like this I have visited and have to say it was by far the worst. The gear was of low quality and in general very poor. The prices were frequently higher than you would pay mail order and now for the horror.

I went to a stand and was looking around and noticed a bin with everything 1. In this bin were a number of spools of line and some green plastic boxes. I realised the boxes had been free with Angling Times in the summer and the line had been free with another magazine. To add insult to injury they were using Improve Your Course Fishing bags to put the goods in.

All in all it was disgraceful that this could happen. Kids were spending their hard saved money on things that the retailer had got free.

I doubt if I will go to one of these events again which is a shame as I have enjoyed each of the other 4. I will still go to the NEC Show as that is different in its make up.

Poles

Trevski

I dunno mate. It was ALOT smaller than I had expected and they were selling some junk admittedly.
I did get a few bargains though, my main expense being on clothing. I take your point about online
prices but with clothing I like to try it on and get a feel for it before purchasing.

Anyway, to sum up. This time for me it was worth the trip. Would I do it again? No. Probably not,
at least not for a good while anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got to admit i would rather go to a show like that & see,feel & handle the stuff than risk another rip off like the bait runners Zippy kindly ordered for me.

They looked great on the pics but were so small when i got them that i ended up swapping one with cuzzin scoobs for his larger one.

I got some great stuff but yes a lot of stuff was junk & i couldn't find half the stuff i wanted like handwarmer, storm caps etc cos they were more on the bigger stuff.

Like Trev i couldn't believe how small the tin shed was that they were holding the show in [:(] i even made some comment about it as we walked upto the place (if my memory serves me it was very polite & contained no swear words whatsoever, didn't it John/Trev??)[;)]

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.