Use a barrow/trolley for non-carp pleasure fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargus

Just wondered how many did this ?

I know "proper" golfers always look down on those below a certain age using a trolley. Does such elitism exist in fishing ?

Depends on circumstances I guess. I should probably admit to being a lazy tackle tart with more gear than idea !

svenc

London Blanker NOT
I need a new trolley, if not im looking at a hernia.

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
At my age I can't look at my tackle without getting out of breath.

Trolley every time, best thing since "perforated toilet paper".[;)]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Thats a new one!

Elitism over a trolley??? lol.[:p]

I hope not....mines in a shocking condition..........[:I][:I]

As long as it gets your kit to the bank, who cares?[^]

Genus9

The thing is, in this day of commercials We all take far too much stuff with us so a trolley is a "must have" item,

I have 2, a Penrose and a Space Shuttle and I have to admit the Penrose has become obsolete since I aqquired the Shuttle,

Also, modern day boxes are mainly aimed at commercials and weigh a ton empty so carrying them any distance is a task in itself,

supersuperleeds

I'm still a spring chicken and I put the wheels on my box when I go down the canal. Why carry the thing when you can wheel it?

Col7777

I recently bought a trolly, but going back a bit I posted on here about the time I passed 2 guys fishing with all the gear including clothing etc.
I passed them with my own version of a trolly, it was one of those tool boxes with wheels, they both turned and laughed at me, but the funny thing was, I was packing in and going home after catching a good head of Tench a few Bream and a decent Carp. [:)]

Jmz

I've just got a new seatbox and I definitely need a trolley for it, although if I was fishing on a river, I don't think I'd take as much gear as when I fish a pond/lake so I wouldn't need one.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Col Is it a stanley one by any chance??? I used one till I got my seatbox.

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
I remember turning up on my first match with a mini folding sack barrow and a deck chair!! I was getting some right jip off the lads but I was first to land a fish and finished 4th out of the whole match!! Keep it simple and keep it real!!

isis

Site Supporter
I have the PowaWalker 3 wheel version Trolley, I don't care what others say it's my back that I am saving. If I could get one with sat nav then I would. It could take it's self to the chosen swim and I could stroll behind it.

Now where do I get self set up tackle?

Col7777

@ svenc,

No, it is one I got from Lidle cost around 20, it has 2 boxes that fit one on top of the other and a sliding tray under the top box plus a lid compartment.

spamlessuk

use one all the time now, I got sick of arriving at a peg and needing a lie down!!

Fish rivers almost exclusively and wouldnt be without mine. Makes the day more enjoyable and is a godsend especially after fishing for a day and then you are left facing a hike back to the car.

Started with a fold up sack truck which suited me fine for ages then graduated to a real one.

Russ G

Rusty
Originally posted by isis

I have the PowaWalker 3 wheel version Trolley, I don't care what others say it's my back that I am saving. If I could get one with sat nav then I would. It could take it's self to the chosen swim and I could stroll behind it.

Now where do I get self set up tackle?
I'm with you on that one.
I actually look forward to the walk back to the car park now!

Rambo

After using a trolley for years I have recently got myself a preston shuttle. Perfect for carrying my gear and easy on the back, especially after having surgery on it. Who cares what people think as long as its easy for me. If everybody worried what other people thought of them, then we would still be living in the stone age.
My opinion is if you want it, can afford it and is practical then buy it

nohair

if its got wheels is less back strain plus means you can carry more[:D]

Last edited:

greentura

Greenie
used some form of trolley or barrow since i was able to have enough gear to need one[;)] sometimes it was a builders barrow that also doubled as a seat when tipped up and resting on the handles[:T] surprised that barrow manufacturers haven't made add-on seats for them like some seat makers have made barrow conversions for their chairs, wheel kit next on the list for my korum chair [:T]

oldtart

01/02/09 - 07/07/10
In Memoriam
Clearing out 1 of 3 sheds I found an original Efgeeco trolly been painted with Hammerite,anybody want it collection only before the chief says take it to the tip.

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
Originally posted by oldtart

Clearing out 1 of 3 sheds I found an original Efgeeco trolly been painted with Hammerite,anybody want it collection only before the chief says take it to the tip.

If you lived a bit near I would happily take it off your hands. They were a decent bit of kit in their day, in fact I'm still using mine!

It's been modified out of all recognition over the years, (a bit like "Trigger's broom") but it still does the job, and I'm too tight to buy a new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.