Urban fox

OldTaff

Site Supporter
They are all god,s creatures mate..........
I'm surprised at you.😯I would have expected that from tucker or zero.
Oh they are God’s creatures and I celebrate the beauty and diversity of His creation

However I was brought up on my uncle’s valleys sheep farm and I have seen the damage foxes do for ‘fun’ and I hate the little furry ratbags with a vengeance. They should not be in an urban environment spreading disease, causing damage, killing pets

Whilst humans have spread into the fox natural habitat they should not be encouraged and rather controlled by humane culling

I take the view that rats need culling and control but rabbits and pigeons I only take for the pot and not for sport. Foxes for me fall into the same category as rats.

bluemack

Site Supporter
That
Oh they are God’s creatures and I celebrate the beauty and diversity of His creation

However I was brought up on my uncle’s valleys sheep farm and I have seen the damage foxes do for ‘fun’ and I hate the little furry ratbags with a vengeance. They should not be in an urban environment spreading disease, causing damage, killing pets

Whilst humans have spread into the fox natural habitat they should not be encouraged and rather controlled by humane culling

I take the view that rats need culling and control but rabbits and pigeons I only take for the pot and not for sport. Foxes for me fall into the same category as rats.
That's told me!!!😊😊

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Partners care home "had" six peacocks with all four males being albinos.
In the space of three months they have lost two of the males and both the females to foxes

OldTaff

Site Supporter
That

That's told me!!!😊😊

Sorry didn’t mean that to come across as a rant - I’ve had to fit an electric fence around the garden perimeter to stop the damage, hoping Jacob actually pays attention to the “don’t touch the white tape” talk 🙄

OldTaff

Site Supporter
@OldTaff noticed on your avatar is that a Warhammer Spacemarine?

Yep - it’s one of my old 40K Space Marine Scouts (with sniper rifles) that I painted up.

I still have loads of my nicest bits lurking in boxes around the house & garage. Must have painted thousands of them over the years - Warhammer, 40K, Bloodbowl - Great fun back in the day.

Was going to change my avatar pic - I’ll photograph Long Drong and a few of the slayer pirates in the week, I think my best work

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Yep - it’s one of my old 40K Space Marine Scouts (with sniper rifles) that I painted up.

I still have loads of my nicest bits lurking in boxes around the house & garage. Must have painted thousands of them over the years - Warhammer, 40K, Bloodbowl - Great fun back in the day.

Was going to change my avatar pic - I’ll photograph Long Drong and a few of the slayer pirates in the week, I think my best work
My lad used to be into Warhammer and loved SpaceMarines so I developed an interest through him. I remember trying to get him into painting the figures properly, so we got him the Warhammer book on it. Obviously as you know ;)many many coats of light brushwork over the initial black primer to get shadow and depth. I did the first very light brushed coat with him, I was under the impression we would do this together over the following weeks Dad and lad. I then had to go out for several hours to quote for some work. When I got home he had fully painted a whole Spacemarine squadron and showed me proudly. I was stunned and gave him a b@LL@cking :ROFLMAO: We did spend quality time together after that carefully painting a Spacemarine Dreadnaught. He also liked Orcs. Its now all in boxes in the loft waiting for one of my kids to produce grandchildren. A professionally painted figure or vehicle looks so impressive.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I loved the painting, did loads for friends and people who paid me too.

The chaos stuff never floated my boat but I have an entire Tau army in storage, all the Bloodbowl teams plus special figures like refs and cheerleaders and my Dwarves - over 35yrs worth including pre-slotta stuff.

Reckon if I sold it off I could fund a decent new 16m pole and a Quattro seatbox :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Foxes no longer have a natural predator since humans were stopped from hunting them by the animal rights lot and townies.
Now the townies are reaping the rewards of an overpopulated Fox population and as food becomes scarce in the countryside due to competition they move into the towns where there is an ample supply of pet Rabbits, Cats, and poultry awaiting them.

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
I loved the painting, did loads for friends and people who paid me too.

The chaos stuff never floated my boat but I have an entire Tau army in storage, all the Bloodbowl teams plus special figures like refs and cheerleaders and my Dwarves - over 35yrs worth including pre-slotta stuff.

Reckon if I sold it off I could fund a decent new 16m pole and a Quattro seatbox :LOL::LOL:
could you send me a few photos of your work sometime id love to see them(y)

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
Our house backs onto fields and we quite often hear foxes in the night horrible sound. The dog goes absolutely berserk usually waking up the whole household :mad:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Our house backs onto fields and we quite often hear foxes in the night horrible sound. The dog goes absolutely berserk usually waking up the whole household :mad:

Every day on my run into work (5am ish) I will see a fox or two

Our local community FB pages have detailed at least 3 pet cats lost to foxes and a small dog off the lead in the local park injured in a fox attack.

Local attitudes are hardening towards them with calls for the council to introduce some form of control which they won’t

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I remember when presumably a fox tunnelled down the side of a hutch and got my sisters rabbit as a kid.

bluemack

Site Supporter
Sorry didn’t mean that to come across as a rant - I’ve had to fit an electric fence around the garden perimeter to stop the damage, hoping Jacob actually pays attention to the “don’t touch the white tape” talk 🙄
I honestly did,nt take it as a rant taff ,I took it as just a reply and what you feel about them,there existence has never affected me so easy for me to feel for them.😊👍