Uptightnesss ??

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Been looking on the News, Websites, and general Media

and the level of general uptightness, enragement, near on apoplexy and general shoot em all type of thoughts, posts and comments is getting to almost, to coin a word, pandemic levels

people, and that includes this site, which is inherently a site for posting, communicating and general chat about all aspects of angling, are getting proper angry about life the universe and everything

notwithstanding, that a lot of the stuff which is raising thier blood pressure and giving them cause to vent in tirades of retribution must be taken, things need to be done, shoot em etc, really have no impact on their personal lives, the world seems to lately have become full of saints and sinners, though its debateable which description applies to those of each of the supposed sides anyone now drops into

if things actually hit you personally, I mean cause you a problem in your daily life and you can see that you can individually provide yourself with an immediate solution to solve that problem, I can understand anyone getting into the swing and dealing with it in ways they deem fit for purpose

but to sit at home and rage against the machine, dont get you anywhere, yes you may get a few joining in with the enragement and adding supporting comments or even lets dare say it, bunging in a "like" but that in the general way of the world, dont mean sheet, does it ?

its far better to walk on and use your experience to set a level you yourself are happy with, use your intuition with regard to percieved problems,

if your in a queue, and someone infringes on your now far wider personal space than before, surely it is better to give them the rough side of your tounge at that moment than to get on a computer and go on a social media site after the fact has passed and rage then, 90% of the time the target of your rage or comments wont see that post so it dont mean a thing does it

this to my mind has become the norm these days, near on everything in life has its attractors and detractors yet never the twain shall meet, it never happened in the past, people used to talk to each other, if your neighbour burnt a bonfire while your washing was out, you had a word, you didnt rush inside and belt it out on a computer for a guy 200 mile away to agree or disagree with you

and its seems so minor some of the stuff, whereas just a shrug of the shoulder, a beep on the car horn, a flick of the bird or a shout of some language a docker would be proud of just solved it and you walked on thinking far cum, this just doesnt seem to do now

is this a rage am I doing what Im decrying, I dunno, things are so mixed up ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bang on the nail Mick

I'm getting to the point of impatience with a lot of the idiots out there that somehow, like a virus, have infected my enjoyment of the TV, the internet, social media even.
People I thought were level headed either get caught up in it all, running with the crowd, acting like Lemmings, or perhaps showing their true colours?

I'm tired of reading and hearing people try to justify the wrong for their own means, tired of flicking channels to see the same old diatribe being thrown at us by the media, and becoming more and more wary of what sort of Country/Planet we are bringing our kids and grandkids into.

Common sense ain't that common

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Being a mod or admin on a site or facebook page actually magnifies it ! Posts that normally I would have laughed at or dare I say even agreed with with now have to be viewed from a different point of view ! Now before I get the usual " You can always resign " , yes I could but I choose not to simply because the good posts and fair minded posters far out weigh the begrudgers !

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I've got to the point that I walk out of the room when the TV news comes on,I'm sick of hearing about George Floyd and Coronavirus,I get my news from the daily paper and I can just flick the pages until I get to something that might concern me.

tonerain

Site Supporter
Watching the TV news, it seems every person on there regards themselves as a special case.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Been looking on the News, Websites, and general Media

and the level of general uptightness, enragement, near on apoplexy and general shoot em all type of thoughts, posts and comments is getting to almost, to coin a word, pandemic levels

people, and that includes this site, which is inherently a site for posting, communicating and general chat about all aspects of angling, are getting proper angry about life the universe and everything

notwithstanding, that a lot of the stuff which is raising thier blood pressure and giving them cause to vent in tirades of retribution must be taken, things need to be done, shoot em etc, really have no impact on their personal lives, the world seems to lately have become full of saints and sinners, though its debateable which description applies to those of each of the supposed sides anyone now drops into

if things actually hit you personally, I mean cause you a problem in your daily life and you can see that you can individually provide yourself with an immediate solution to solve that problem, I can understand anyone getting into the swing and dealing with it in ways they deem fit for purpose

but to sit at home and rage against the machine, dont get you anywhere, yes you may get a few joining in with the enragement and adding supporting comments or even lets dare say it, bunging in a "like" but that in the general way of the world, dont mean sheet, does it ?

its far better to walk on and use your experience to set a level you yourself are happy with, use your intuition with regard to percieved problems,

if your in a queue, and someone infringes on your now far wider personal space than before, surely it is better to give them the rough side of your tounge at that moment than to get on a computer and go on a social media site after the fact has passed and rage then, 90% of the time the target of your rage or comments wont see that post so it dont mean a thing does it

this to my mind has become the norm these days, near on everything in life has its attractors and detractors yet never the twain shall meet, it never happened in the past, people used to talk to each other, if your neighbour burnt a bonfire while your washing was out, you had a word, you didnt rush inside and belt it out on a computer for a guy 200 mile away to agree or disagree with you

and its seems so minor some of the stuff, whereas just a shrug of the shoulder, a beep on the car horn, a flick of the bird or a shout of some language a docker would be proud of just solved it and you walked on thinking far cum, this just doesnt seem to do now

is this a rage am I doing what Im decrying, I dunno, things are so mixed up ?
I'm just burying my head in sand a little ,I know what's about and how to avoid it as much as I can . I was fuming yesterday as I was told 4 people sent home from work because one fella turned up with all the symptoms of you know what . Where are his brains or foes he just not give a fik . I try not to watch to much tv or facebook it's all dumb and gloom, some people thrive on it .

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
The UK used to be the epicenter of stability, decency, and common sense. Last night I was reading about squadrons no. 302 and no. 303 of the RAF. That gave me food for thought.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It seems that at the moment everyone is a critic and everyone is offended

Political, science, health, critics abound - everyone knows that everyone is doing it wrong or going the wrong way about it

Race -Everyone is offended, those feeling offended, those feeling offended on behalf of those not offended, those offended because of those being offended, there is no end to it and pampering to what are literally the minority (minority ie those offended and kicking off) is only offending the unoffended and making them become offended.

Coronavirus pandemic - You have people who are unbelievers, critics, doomsayers, conspiracists, all voicing opinions and objecting, standing up for what they believe is right despite the contrary, and not giving an iota about anybody else, the vulnerable, those most at risk

And I totally agree with Kevin, it's almost impossible to walk away from

Dusty

Mick your words pretty much summarise how I feel in the last few months/years.

I’ve very much adopted the stance in recent years that unless it has a direct impact on my life or the life of loved ones then I don’t waste my time stewing on the matter.

I don’t tend to comment much on political or emotionally charged issues on here, but if I do it’s often to play devils advocate from a neutral perspective. Emotions can make people blinded to seeing both sides of the story.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Being offended is the new stress which itself was the new "issues".
It's the old "me, me, me" attitude.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Not sure what is spreading the fastest, Covid 19 or hypocracy.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
The acronym DILLIGAF would just about sum me up, possibly you as well ?

And the ones who cant have their own way dont like it. Fairness is about everyone being Treated the same, but ya get the ones who want that bit more without Trying for it. if yer lifes bad its up to you to make it better but without trying to destroy someone elses.

Last edited:

Dusty

Bang on the nail Mick

I'm getting to the point of impatience with a lot of the idiots out there that somehow, like a virus, have infected my enjoyment of the TV, the internet, social media even.
People I thought were level headed either get caught up in it all, running with the crowd, acting like Lemmings, or perhaps showing their true colours?

I'm tired of reading and hearing people try to justify the wrong for their own means, tired of flicking channels to see the same old diatribe being thrown at us by the media, and becoming more and more wary of what sort of Country/Planet we are bringing our kids and grandkids into.

Common sense ain't that common

I’ve lost almost all faith on society/humanity in the last few months/years. There appears to just be an overwhelming amount of people who are incapable of rational thought.
The worst thing is it isn’t just those you would expect to be idiots, I work with some clever and well to do people but they seem totally incapable of being reasonable.

The world would be a much better place if everyone had the ability to step back and think about both sides of an issue or argument. Rather than flying in like an emotionally charged wrecking ball and letting your emotions cloud any rational judgement on the matter.

Following on from what you said about kids/grandkids, I don’t like them and don’t want any of my own. The Mrs wants them eventually but said the other day she doesn’t want to bring a kid into this world with the way it’s going. I can’t blame her one bit.

fishcatcher4

This forum is just the same .

Some can't have a discussion without getting nasty or personal.

Some say they don't give a f--- but post on everything.

The vast majority seem to be decent folk though but perhaps are put off posting for one reason or another.

Sometimes it's better to just stick to the fishing part of the forum. (y)

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, most people will express that opinion, a hell of a lot of people will disagree with other peoples opinions...…………….. Its what makes the world goes round.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
December was my Epiphany moment

as most of you know, my political leanings are to the hard left, that is myself, I would of liked to see many many things changed for the betterment

but after the crushing defeat, I came to the conclusion, why bother WTF has it really to do with me ? Nowt, thats what

before the election, I posted that Im all right, no debt, no bills, got pretty near everything I regard as essential to my well being, got a bit to leave to the grandaughter when I pop me clogs, so why was I bothered about what others did or did not have, it took a bit of souls searching and I came up with the final way of thinking

myself nowadays (though my thoughts often stray to the now disregarded way of thinking that I had before), are as an Isolationist, I no longer care about anything that hasnt or does not have an effect on me and mines personal way of life, Ive done my bit and that bit was thrown out by the majority, sheet happened but Ive rubbed my boot on the grass to get rid of it

this though does not mean that I wont smile smugly and just walk on when things go tits up for those that thought certain partys and politicians had thier best interests at heart, thats thier bed and its made, I am quite happy to view from the sidelines, I no longer care,

this may be selfish, I may be slagged off for my thinking, thats water under the bridge, all this protesting and caring and the covid stuff, means nowt to me, all I have to do is live my life doing what I think is sensible and provides an easy time, it aint hard, in fact its bloody easy

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Being a mod or admin on a site or facebook page actually magnifies it ! Posts that normally I would have laughed at or dare I say even agreed with with now have to be viewed from a different point of view ! Now before I get the usual " You can always resign " , yes I could but I choose not to simply because the good posts and fair minded posters far out weigh the begrudgers !

our esteemed leader offered me a post as an admin on the facey page the other day

oh what fun that woulda been !