UPPER TRENT

baz1

Had a lovely day out today, drove from Coventry to Burton on Trent. Just to see some running water. The river at Walton and Catton on the Burton book, looks fantastic. The Catton stretch would be better for me, as being disabled, you can park behind your peg. So, please anybody have any knowledge about both these stretches. Thank You.

baz1

If no one wants to broadcast their thoughts on these stretches, you can always PM me, and I will respect their comments, and not repeat them. I will not intrude upon your pegs, as being disabled, I may only go there, maybe two or three times this year. Many Thanks.

Flathead

Site Supporter
If no one wants to broadcast their thoughts on these stretches, you can always PM me, and I will respect their comments, and not repeat them. I will not intrude upon your pegs, as being disabled, I may only go there, maybe two or three times this year. Many Thanks.
I have not fished that area for over 20 years but there used to be a lot of dace and quite a few barbel and Roach....things may have changed.
The Tame was also very good in that area

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
why don't you look on google for local fishing shops - they will 10:1 know about the stretch and how it is fishing.

Arch

Site Supporter
I’m on my phone at the minute, it’s a bad signal, I’m a member of BMAA I’ll post later.

Arch

Site Supporter
Right then.

The Burton Mutual ticket is a decent one. £100 first year, £70 after that. Have a look at their website and it'll show you all the venues and maps to them as well. I don't fish Catton, but I believe it to be a decent stretch. No night fishing though. I tend to fish their 9 mile stretch of the river Dove for Barbel. I also fish the Trent around Swarkestone. A section called Cuttle Brook has parking behind lots of pegs. It's fast flowing and you can expect to catch lots of small fish. There doesn't seem to be the 3-4lbs fish in there anymore. Which is a shame. There are some pegs at Willington that you can park behind as well.

The Trent at Branston golf club has a car park very close to the river and some of the pegs near it are OK.

They have quite a few lakes to choose from, some with disabled access, but again, I don't fish their lakes so can't comment.

HTH.

Last edited:

PeteC

Have a look at Coors A.C.....we control the Trent through Burton on Trent....depending on the state of your disability we have stretches that are very accessible . On one stretch (25 pegs) you can drive to your peg, fish from a platform and fish out of the back of your car if you wanted to...! Another stretch is a little more difficult as it involves walking down a few steps to get to your platform, but you can still park behind your swim. We also have a long stretch of the Trent & Mersey canal at Rugely and a small lake there also. £45 a year and no joining fee 🙂