Upper Great Ouse

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Anyone on here fished the Ouse between Buckingham and MK in the last few years?
Be interested to know what it’s like as I drive by it a lot but have never fished it but thinking of giving it a go seeing as my usual Thames is so often out of sorts through the winter whereas the Ouse seems more stable. Have found the odd recent report but they were at more favourable times of year when you’d expect most places to fish well although any off on any time of year would be good.

I have fished the Ouse but a little further downstream where it’s a quite a different river to the proper upper reaches.

Robwooly

Mate it got polluted through Buckingham a couple of years ago, supposed to have impacted 25k of river downstream or worse, It has been restocked in patches since but going on that info the MK end may be better than nearer Buckingham. Shame as it was a nice bit of river

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Mate it got polluted through Buckingham a couple of years ago, supposed to have impacted 25k of river downstream or worse, It has been restocked in patches since but going on that info the MK end may be better than nearer Buckingham. Shame as it was a nice bit of river
That’s a good point they restocked last winter didn’t they. Maybe best to give it another year before giving it a go up this way and stick with the bits at MK and Olney that I know. Unless we get a warm spell almost anywhere surely be better than my local Thames which by all accounts has been hard for a good couple weeks now since it’s gone cold. Slightly warmer weather on the horizon but probably still a couple degrees too cold to really turn it back on.

Robwooly

Yeah when they restock it's always hit and miss and only certain species so it's never as good, may still be better than a temperamental winter Thames though lol

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
True, that wouldn't be saying much though haha

Still the Thames fished much better in summer and autumn this year than it did last year so can't complain about a difficult winter really.