Upgrade: Best Phone? Best Camera?

nejohn

Site Supporter
Does it do paragraphs 🤔
Probably because didn't you realise that the person typing actually controls the phone..! and at 1:30 in the morning then basically that person couldn't be arsed. But hey I didn't realise we would lose marks for bad punctuation, grammar and spelling.
Most people read the posts and realise that they might be written in a hurry or even while people are not fully concentrating and make allowances, however what really pee's people off are posts that add nothing to the thread and only try to either offend or antagonise

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have had a Huawei P20 Pro for over 2 years, was with O2 now on Giffgaff £10 monthly. If I had to get a new phone then it would be a Samsung only because of Huawei issues with apps.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
My s10 plus is ace but it does the same as the s8 and the s6. Sim only next time and an extra £25 a month on fishing stuff
I had to go back to my S6 after my S10 got damaged, I didn't realise how quick and more functional my S10 was, that's the problem for me going backwards in technology, it's a much nicer phone.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I’m with you on that one Wise Owl. I’ve had this IPhone SE since god was in short pants and I’m still learning what it does. 🙄
I have got an iPhone SE as well, sim only deal. Does everything I want, I certainly don’t want a phone any bigger than that, loads of phones now are more like tablets than phones......

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I have got an iPhone SE as well, sim only deal. Does everything I want, I certainly don’t want a phone any bigger than that, loads of phones now are more like tablets than phones......
🤣🤣. Yes mate. Daughter says ... “ you can have my IPhone 10 in January dad “ what do I want that for ? It would take half my side tray up. It’s like having a kindle fire for a phone. Gosh I’m sounding more like my dad everyday. 🙄

Sebbie

Site Supporter
I have had a Huawei P20 Pro for over 2 years, was with O2 now on Giffgaff £10 monthly. If I had to get a new phone then it would be a Samsung only because of Huawei issues with apps.
Fully agree with Geoff P. I love my P20 Pro and much prefer it to the previous iPhones that I had. Were it not for the Trump influenced Google ban on their apps and upgrades on later Huawei phones I would upgrade to the P40 Pro, as it is I've just switch to Sim only on my current phone.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Don’t think I will ever have anything but a iPhone in my lifetime.
2 daughters get latest one every couple of years.
me and son get their cast offs.
iPhone 7 now. Does everything I want.
if I broke it. Probably go and buy identical one.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If someone had said to me 30 years back that we would be carrying a device round with us where we can contact anyone anywhere in the world, it will direct you anywhere with the push of a button, it will answer any question by connecting you to the worlds encyclopedia, it will take Photos and videos, you can play games on it back have a wager without going to the Bookies, see news reports, weather reports, sport reports and dial someone and talk to em face to face seeing em on the screen amongst many other Features and it fits in yer pocket id have said dont talk Bullshit.

feldri

Site Supporter
Still using a Samsung S3 mini. Does everything I need it to do and fits in my shirt pocket.

Donny Pete

Site Supporter
I stick a tenner on this every five to six weeks and it suits a simpleton like me, only downside is my teenage daughter thinks I’m a drug dealer.

Attachments

• 3812A145-EB41-4934-B479-17DAD7BD0F22.jpeg
    3812A145-EB41-4934-B479-17DAD7BD0F22.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 8

davylad

Site Supporter
Can't beat iPhones for useability, basically idiot proof. Shame they basically self destruct after a few years though to force you to get new one 😡
I hear people say this, but I have s iphone 4 and 5 still working fine. I'm using a 6s, I just get them from family members when they upgrade.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I hear people say this, but I have s iphone 4 and 5 still working fine. I'm using a 6s, I just get them from family members when they upgrade.
I got an I think a 4 about 8 years ago then it’s battery started going after about 3 years so then I got a 6 which lasted 4 years then had the same problem so I replaced it with an 8. A year in the 8 is still going perfectly strong but I reckon by the year after next it’ll mysteriously go the same way as I seem to be far from the only person it happens to 🤔