Upgrade: Best Phone? Best Camera?

Marker50

Site Supporter
Going sim only this time .
My s10 is like new.
I can get sim only for about 10quid a month.
Loads data etc.I never realised how much the new phone part of the deal costs .

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Have a watch of Click on IPlayer they did a feature this morning and the new Huwawi phone came out best for the camera but lost out because of the US block on google apps etc.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Nokia 6300, smashed mine today, ive got a spare, new one bought off eBay for £19, it receives messages, and calls, why do you need out else?

carphauler

Nokia 6300, smashed mine today, ive got a spare, new one bought off eBay for £19, it receives messages, and calls, why do you need out else?
Sat nav, camera? If I still had my old Nokia I would have to carry an extra sat nav device and then storing it somewhere safe in the car, then a camera, same scenario, my phone can trace exactly where I am in the event of an emergency, the lists are endless, I'm all for moaning about modern tech but it does have its uses, 👍👍

violator

Had a Sony for years now, camera is brilliant. I did read the new Huawei has a better camera but you can't get Google on it.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Going sim only this time .
That's the way to go. Who needs a new phone every year or two? You can always buy a new phone if you do need one. I pay £10 a month. 10gig, unlimited calls and texts, never use it all. Phone is about 3 years old, does what I need.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
That's the way to go. Who needs a new phone every year or two? You can always buy a new phone if you do need one. I pay £10 a month. 10gig, unlimited calls and texts, never use it all. Phone is about 3 years old, does what I need.
Who is that with mate?

Marker50

Site Supporter
Loads do it fir that much..
Saw one for £8 a month.
Just search for best sim only deals

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have tried them all and always tend to go back to Sony, the Xperia's are very good, built to last not got loads of bloatware like Samsung's, music player is very good and the cameras are superb they use the same sensor that they use in the cameras unlike a lot of phones that use a lower resolution sensor. I currently have the Xperia 1 mk2 and it is superb brilliant screen and a top spec camera, you have much more control of the camera than you do with most other phones. Whatever I got it would be android much more choice plus you get the full fat version of Google maps not the watered down version that they license to apple. Also don't forget that under its posh clothes the latest iPhone is basically last year's Samsung, given that Samsung make most of the internals of current iPhone.

H T B

Site Supporter
I have tried them all and always tend to go back to Sony, the Xperia's are very good, built to last not got loads of bloatware like Samsung's, music player is very good and the cameras are superb they use the same sensor that they use in the cameras unlike a lot of phones that use a lower resolution sensor. I currently have the Xperia 1 mk2 and it is superb brilliant screen and a top spec camera, you have much more control of the camera than you do with most other phones. Whatever I got it would be android much more choice plus you get the full fat version of Google maps not the watered down version that they license to apple. Also don't forget that under its posh clothes the latest iPhone is basically last year's Samsung, given that Samsung make most of the internals of current iPhone.
Does it do paragraphs 🤔

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Used to have iphones and Mrs Whizz still loves hers but I’m a fan of Samsungs now. I got an A51 which is very similar to the S20 but a third of the price.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Ive always had Iphones and if someone as Techthick as me can us em they must be Good :LOL::LOL: