Unplanned kids session

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Went down to the village pond just to blow the cobwebs away and try to catch on corn. Not a great success but had some crucians and brown goldfish. Luckily I took some maggots and soon had roach 8oz plus feeding. When the most attractive Easter Bunny I have seen came along hiding chocs for her off-spring. A gaggle of youngsters came round the pond with parents. So I did the sensible thing when asked have ya caught owt? Yes, would you like a go? I then taught a few (one at a time) the basics of fishing up in the water. A great session

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Top man - great to introduce kids to the joys of angling.

Pics of the Easter bunny would have been handy though ;)

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Did you fish Littlefield lane Marshchapel before your move away? A great mixed fishery with no carp.
I never got to that one mate, I would often go to the lake at Aby, skimmers and roach all day and very rare to see another angler. If you like predator fishing, the river Eau at Gayton pumping station is full of perch and pike. A small jig head keeps you busy all day; great fun.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
I never got to that one mate, I would often go to the lake at Aby, skimmers and roach all day and very rare to see another angler. If you like predator fishing, the river Eau at Gayton pumping station is full of perch and pike. A small jig head keeps you busy all day; great fun.
Isn't that club controlled? I fished downstream of that at the next bridge for bream. This was in the days of chasing fish. I had two huge flatties on chopped worm but none of the reported bream. Was also told that the pumping station had a small shoal of barbel. Is there anyway along the eau that you can catch graying Dave?

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I
Isn't that club controlled? I fished downstream of that at the next bridge for bream. This was in the days of chasing fish. I had two huge flatties on chopped worm but none of the reported bream. Was also told that the pumping station had a small shoal of barbel. Is there anyway along the eau that you can catch graying Dave?
I don't know about Grayling mate but I once saw a shoal of about 8 bream whilst looking over the road bridge. These fish were huge and I would confidently say that some were into double figures. Only ever saw them the once though. I think that further up, it is controlled by Sutton and Mablethorpe, but I only saw 2 people fishing in over 20 years.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Went down to the village pond just to blow the cobwebs away and try to catch on corn. Not a great success but had some crucians and brown goldfish. Luckily I took some maggots and soon had roach 8oz plus feeding. When the most attractive Easter Bunny I have seen came along hiding chocs for her off-spring. A gaggle of youngsters came round the pond with parents. So I did the sensible thing when asked have ya caught owt? Yes, would you like a go? I then taught a few (one at a time) the basics of fishing up in the water. A great session
so you saw this nice "Easter Bunny"

you showed her your "Rod"

and now there are unplanned kids on the way ?