Unexpected garden visitor

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I live in Sheffield and was not expecting one of these to visit a 'city garden'.
It doesn't appear to be injured in any way, yesterday a cat stalked it and it flew into a nearby tree.
I put some bird food on the ground and it's been feeding well, even eats peanuts.
I hope it stays a while.
No......it is not going to be an alternative Christmas dinner........it's a guest in my garden and is most welcome.
Sorry about the picture quality it is very misty, condensation on the lens.

View attachment Female Pheasant.mp4

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
She's still here today, don't know why but there is food and water and apart from the occasional cat passing through no major threats.
When I put more food out she moves down the garden and hides but comes out again after about 20-30 minutes.
I don't know where she has been roosting, it must be up high as a couple of foxes and a badger, plus cats, visit the garden most nights.
Great to have an unusual visitor in the garden.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
All pheasants roost high every night. That's when it was easy to shoot them, back lit by the moon.

rudd

Site Supporter
Is it still about?
May stay al! winter if being feed.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
She's not been in my garden for 3 days now but I have heard she's still in the area.
There's plenty of food and water if she needs it.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
She seems to have gone now, possibly the fireworks and people milling around in their gardens for New Year celebrations.
Hope she's alive and well, it was nice to have an unusual garden visitor for a while.