Underated films

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
This site used to have a brilliant forum but they shut it down to concentrate on the streaming service.

A few of the old posters have started posting here on this small forum but they won't let me join (same for IMDB v2).

Can you blame them for not having you ? 😂

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I was always a bit of an outsider as I slowly went off watching subtitled films, that puts you in a minority in most film communities these days, but with MUBI it was big enough to accommodate people with mainstream tastes like me alongside 'art' fans and genuine film critics.

matt

Site Supporter
Bad Taste was always a classic B movie when I was a student back in the day!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Watched this last night. 548 votes on imdb but a solid B movie.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Not going to say he's underrated as Ernst Lubitsch is a famous old time director that's done some big films, but he is to me. This came on after I was watching a film the other night and it kept me awake with laughter and I don't really do comedy these days, lost my sense of humour in my 20s, but there's something to be said about this old comedies. Very sharp witted and surprisingly watchable given the age. I will be watching more of his films.

Ivan heaphurst

Two oldies :
Went the day Well.
The Titfield Thunderbolt.
1942 and 1952 respectively both a bit corny but the sun shines and they are very English.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I watched The Mouse the Roared on Amazon the other night, glad I did, good comedy. :LOL:

Watched this last night, another B movie noir with less than 1000 IMDB ratings but a decent viewing.

For those who like those kind of films of course.

Keith Sparky

How Green Was My Valley.....classic Welsh working life film..only problem was that as it was filmed in black and white we will never know how Green the Valley ever was.....

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
How Green Was My Valley.....classic Welsh working life film..only problem was that as it was filmed in black and white we will never know how Green the Valley ever was.....
I saw that years ago and it's good but I wouldn't say underrated as it won several Oscars for best picture, director, cinematography, supporting actor and set design. :LOL: :p

smiffy

Site Supporter
"There is nothing quite like getting in from the pub at 12 or 1am or whatever and watching some scantily clad lady cowering from a 50ft wasp, spider, lizard, alien, you name it, "
Chicken.

For an underrated movie? I’d go for Blood Simple