Uncooked hemp

MaxGwill

Anyone know where to get decent quantities of uncooked hemp? My local shops only seem to sell the precooked tins and tubs.

Looking to get 1k/5k bags I can use to take bits out and cook at home.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Pet food stores are usually pretty good, tbh I get mine from different places virtually every time and the quality doesn’t vary too much. Just a case if shipping around. Word of warning atm it seems to be pretty small from most places presumably due to the increased demand. I’m having to buy it tinned (pretty cheap in big tins from the right place) or in apparently “giant hemp” form (currently standard sized) to get it big enough for the hook atm.

Last edited:

MaxGwill

Pet food stores are usually pretty good, tbh I get mine from different places virtually every time and the quality doesn’t vary too much. Just a case if shipping around. Word of warning atm it seems to be pretty small from most places presumably due to the increased demand. I’m having to buy it tinned (pretty cheap in big tins from the right place) or in apparently “giant hemp” form (currently standard sized) to get it big enough for the hook atm.
Cheers mate, I know decathlon do decent size bags but my local doesn't have them, might be worth checking one of the pet shops near mine

endpeg

Better off buying cooked from monster particle works out cheaper plus no messing about.
Buy a bag of giant hemp for hookers.

davej1981

Better off buying cooked from monster particle works out cheaper plus no messing about.
Buy a bag of giant hemp for hookers.
Thats fine if you have a freezer to store it in, my mrs would go mad if i did! Easy enough to prepare in a flask over night, a got a big one and that gives me enough for a day

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I do like my hemp for proper hemp fishing to be tinned or freshly prepared. I do freeze what’s unused but only really use that in the feeder as when it’s been frozen it just goes too sticky for loose feed and never hooks as well.

Blanks

Site Supporter
Anyone tried the hemp and snails mix from monster? The place I am fishing has big roach but they are very clever, thinking maybe this mix might be different enough to fool these wary fish.