Umbrella

Al the gooner

Site Supporter
Hi all,I’m not very good with umbrella s and hate fishing under them (they just get in the way ).
Can anyone recommend a decent brolly plus plus brolly arm for use with my box and chair that will allow me to cast comfortably.
Cheers Al.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
I have tried a few brolly's Maver/Daiwa/Nufish/Dennan the best IMO was a relay old Daiwa I got from Focus points !

ATM I use the new Drennan 50" brolly with an old milo brolly attachment ( double fixing to Gardner brolly spike )
I make sure this is pushed as far to my left as I can then I can cast a rod ( Not long chucks )
Not ideal but better than getting wet gear and bait.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I fish from a chair and have no attachment for brolly and use a 50" Team Daiwa brolly with the Gardner spike. I put mine enough to the left of me so I'm dry and so is my bait waiter to the left of me. Once in the ground, I tie mine down with some thin rope fastened to a couple of very strong tent pegs, the type that have a screw so when you hit them, you know they're not going to budge. My carry-all bag goes behind my chair so all stays dry.

Last edited:

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Are you sure you really want a...................no, won't go down that route, i'll get my coat.
Sorry Al, its an old thing, welcome though. There are those that do and those that don't, i'm in the latter camp for the reasons you gave.

Last edited:

tyne angler

i use a drennan brolly and short brolly arm on my box but a club im in has holes drilled in the concrete platforms which are really handy