Umbrella Extension Poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter

Gents,
If it is raining, but there is little wind, I would like to use my fishing umbrella horizontally (not tilted through 45 degrees) pagoda style, but the umbrella ground spike is much too short to allow this. Can anyone suggest where I can obtain a longer ground spike? I have found some 0.75 inch chromed steel tube at Homebase, but some banks are very stoney & the spike needs to be pretty strong.
Any ideas appreciated,
Thanks.

angler-mark

Hi Hunter, you can get some solid aluminium bar from any metal stockist near where you live(yellow pages) get it cut around 5 or 6 ft, and just either grind it at one end or file it. The stockist will do it for you if you ask nice. It's light and strong enough for what you want. Cost about a fiver.

Tight Lines

Mark

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
You will find that 4 foot single piece landing net handles should be the same size. If the fixing for the threaded end is flush then it will go st8 in and still leave you able to use it as a landing net handle or rod rest.

chill out go fishing

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do you have a seat box with octoplus legs. If so get a four inch bar to fit and stick the brolly in that. Works for me.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

patriot

Dont know wether this is any good hunter but if you buy a bankstick
called a power spike,the diameter is the same as the brolly spike as these banksticks are made whith a worm drive and supplied with an toggle bar they will drive into most hard surfaces.Get the large one take the inside pole out and slide your brolly pole in(MAGIC)

Hope this helps mate Tight lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.