Ultrabite

Status
Not open for further replies.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Av any of you used this product,
if you have does it work and is it worth a tenner?????
Im thinking of buying it but i aint sure???????
please could i have your Advice

Regards Gf

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I'm really beginning to think the success or failure with ultra-bite may be due to water temperature and the way it is used. Not positive at this point but I think their original directions called for using WAY too much.

I've sent a vial of the carp formula on to a paylaker friend who is going to try it in his bait mixture at about 2-3 drops to the pound. He will also be fishing water that is around 75F. Will post his findings.

I'm thinking seriously about ordering a packet of the catfish formula to give it a try as well.

The stuff may be great or may be horrible but if I can figure out a way to make it work as advertised (especially at very low concentrations) it will be well worth the 10 for 20 vials.

Newt Vail

doughnut

Hi Newt,

You are probably spot on with your too much theory, they only people I've come across that have had any kind of success with the stuff have used it in the smallest amounts...... less is definately more with Ultrabite.

Would I spend a terrer on it? Would I B*%$@cks!

The firm contacted me to get a link on my site, I offered them a chance to have a group of our members test it and then publicise an honest report, I didn't even get a reply not even a "no thanks" either they have no confidence in their own bait or they already think they are too big to bother with the likes of the ordinary angler on the bank.

Save your money boys there are tons better additives you can use in your bait some of which cost almost nothing.

C'ya, Robin.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Doughnut - I take your point (meaning) and sorry they aren't nicer folk to deal with.

My thinking was thus:

1ml = 20gtts (drops)

At 2gtts / lb, I can do 50lbs with a single vial or (I think it comes 20 vials to the pack) or 1000 lbs with a packet costing 10.

If the stuff works, I think that will be a reasonable expenditure. If not, I am out a tenner. Big whoop. Won't be the first (or last) time I have spent money on angling stuff and gotten rubbish back.

If the stuff works for my paylaker buddy (Gary - the one who hosted Trev & I), he will be overjoyed to pay the cost since he spends $70-$100 to enter a match and can easily leave with $1000 if he has a good day or $0 if he does not. He wins now over a year's period but any possible edge is worth a try. And since his vial was a gift, he is only risking a bad session or two if it does not work. I suspect that he will only be baiting one of the three rods with the Ultrabite anyway - until & unless it proves out.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.