scouse

'River Man'
hi lads
has anybody tried it yet, I did on sunday found it to
next to useless what a
to pay10
i,ll give it one more go in the match on sunday
on the canal i,ll soon know if it works because
i hate canal fishing tightlines dave (scouse)

Frank

Hi Dave,

I haven't tried it as yet but I have found a link to their site >>>

http://www.ultrabite.com/

What makes for interesting reading is the following extract from one of their pages>>> "Early interest was aroused by two observations, Scottish fishermen reported the annoying habit of inexpert women to land large fish and The Field Magazine published a readers letter mentioning success with flies tied using the pubic hair of the readers wife when he had had little success before."

Oh er missus.

It leaves a thought though

Frank

Edited by - Frank on 11 Oct 2001 11:39:54 AM

scouse

'River Man'
Hi Frank
dont bother with it yet i,v been on total fishing b/b
and still hav,nt found any success will give it another try sunday
let you know how i get on
tightlines dave (scouse)
hope i,ll be
on sunday to find it works

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi all,
Will the biggest catch that this stuff makes be all the gulible mugs that rush
out and pay 10 for this stuff

I really hope that this stuff is rubbish.Half the enjoyment is pitting your wits
against the fish,anything that tips the balance so dramatically in favour of the angler as this is claimed to do,inevitably will remove a lot of the enjoyment/skill from our sport.
cheers,
Peter

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

MALC

Dave,
Was talking to the owner of my local tackle shop about it yesterday he said he sold 10 pack's straight away and every body thats used it said it was rubbish.
He's now got 10 cases of the stuff. He's even split them and is saleing it by the tube at 75p but it ain't moveing.
I think as most people are saying it's just another gimick.

MALC

scouse

'River Man'
hi lads
went on t/fishing b/b the carp one
and one lad said on tight lines last week
they said u have to use gloves when using it
i looked on package and guess what it said i quote
WARNING avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothes, in case of contact
rinse immediately what the hell is in it, if its that potent
what does it do to fish? i just wonder
tightlines dave(scouse)

chrisd

Lads, a word of caution. Let time decide if this thing is any good. I was the greatest synic of special baits like this until one fishless (all) day loads of us caught nowt and my friend and I tried a bait a bit out of the ordinary ( not this stuff mind).
My mate cast out first, but the lead landed at the waters edge about 18inches out, he had got tangled around the reel handle, he untangled and pulled in and had a good fish straight away ( the water was about six inches deep for gods sake). I cast out and hit straight off, all told we landed 22 LARGE fish in the next two hours,I swear by the gods of angling, till we lost the light infact. I can only suggest that they were over the feed and needed that little extra inticement who cares, but if I hadn't tried it and seen it for myself it wouldn't have happened. I still struggle to believe it myself.
All Im saying is time will tell as this bait enhancer stuff gets used more and more a pattern will appear, anglers don't part with their money that freely, if its rubbish dont worry it won't hang about I guarantee it. The problem will be if its magic and they stop producing it! wouldn't that be nice
Pete, I disagree mate, I need all the help I can get:)
Chrisd

Allan

I have been saying for years, that tackle manufacturers are there to catch the Angler, all the best bait additives, can be found on the spices and currys shelf at Tesco.

Allan

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All

I've been talking with someone today who i would class as a "proffesional" angler.

He has been testing the ultrabite (not for any publication but more for us the angler) he has tried it in many different ways & so far he is really impressed with the results.

He did admit that the largest fish caught was a 5lb carp BUT very little else was caught on the water he was fishing.

The "test" was over the weekend with him having very little sleep so as to test the product as much as possible.
From what he told me it is the way the ultrabite is used that will account for the fish if you use to much it turns the fih off & the same with to little.
I would suggest that before you believe anything you read or hear you try it for yourself & then make your own decision on it.(when you think of all the "modern" baits we use now that were rubbished when first released its got to be worth a try hasn't it?)

I myself will be trying the stuff on a local fishery very soon & will obviously put my thoughts & results on here for all to see

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

scouse

'River Man'
Hi lads
i was talking to pete last night on msn messenger,for a tenner
and i had success with it fed swim and low and behold
a roach the only problem the maggot was bigger than
the roach whoopee success at last for a tenner
(cant wait for next time)

cheers tightlines dave (scouse)

scouse

'River Man'
HI trogg just read your report with interest,
on the packet it tells you how to use it
ie when used directly on hook bait apply a small amount, you can
use it on ground bait one 5 ml vial to 1lb of ground bait,
it also has a WARNING AVOID CONTACT WITH EYES,SKIN, OR CLOTHES,
IN CASE OF CONTACT RINSE IMMEDIATELY WITH WATER I WONDER WHATS
IN IT
on tight lines a fortnight ago it was said you had to wear rubber gloves
to use it if we have to be careful what does it do to the fish?

tightlines dave (scouse)

Frank

Hi All,

I went fishing on Sunday with a friend who just so happened to have a tube in his box. He previously bought a pack and so far has had no joy with it.

Anyway, we both fished adjacent pegs, both without the stuff and caught steadily for the morning. Come lunch time he gave me the tube, I tried it dabbing it on my maggots and castors and low and behold the peg went dead!
Jim, my friend, was still catching.
After an hour I reverted back and after a bit of steady feeding, managed to start catching again.

It might have been other factors but it seemed too much of a coincidence.

In the bin it went. Frank

scouse

'River Man'
Hi Frank
funny you said that i have found the same thing
i have been peged in good swims used ultrabite and nothing
mined you on the carp b/b because i used ultrbite
and caught nowt i was accused of having no skill
but i know thats no the case (not being big headed)
its just rubbish full stop,tightlines dave

Status
Not open for further replies.