Ultimate / Henglesport

Status
Not open for further replies.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
What happened to this firm?

Last year they seemed to have quite a few products out including a Rive lookalike seatbox that had some good reviews

I also bought a cheap feeder rod off ebay that was badged ultimate in the mixed colour letters which is a really decent piece of kit.

They sponsored one of the guys who fished fishomania i think too and had poles out?

I cant find a web site or anything?
did they go pop?

davyr

Still here: http://www.hengelsport.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Great if you can speak Dutch![:)]

Don

I was told that they had closed their ops in the UK,didnt know they went tits up though. I managed to get some of their mussel shell leadger weights they were excellent.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
They didn't go bust, just made a business decision to pull out of the British market.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Thanks Chaps

As i say picked up a feeder rod for silly money on ebay (7.50) and its actually in the hyperloop mould.

Shame they pulled out of uk based on the kit ive seen / own

Don

I think it reflects how competitive the British market place is Nico, I mean even Browning have moved their staff/premises back to Germany and closed down their UK operations leaving only a skeleton staff to run things.They say they can offer the same service from Germany and who am I to argue with them. Mind you I dont think they can offer the same service from another country lol!

Glad they(UEngel) havent gone bust Peter as I thought some of their stuff was 1st rate and very innovative, their ledger weights that were made to look like Mussels,Caddis and Twigs were probably light years ahead of their time.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Yes i agree forgot about the weights and stuff.

Shame really - didnt they have a 2k royal class pole out?

is there a niche in the market?

is there enough anglers for a new company?

Status
Not open for further replies.