Ukraine

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
So to me it looks like Russia is going to annex a bunch of territories by way of coerced voting. Then they will probably claim that any further attacks, resistance or indeed assistance of any kind from the west will be a direct attack on Russia.
So what does the west do then?

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
So to me it looks like Russia is going to annex a bunch of territories by way of coerced voting. Then they will probably claim that any further attacks, resistance or indeed assistance of any kind from the west will be a direct attack on Russia.
So what does the west do then?

Call the votes / annexation illegal / illegitimate and carry on sending Orc killing things over by the £$Billions, until the Russian populace tires of being broke with no prospects and it all comes crashing down like a house of cards.

I think leaders in the west have been clear in saying Russia can't be allowed to win. Can't see them rowing back because some lunatic says "This is now Russia, bomb it at your peril"

Alantherose

Site Supporter
I think it's hard for us to conceptualise the idea of nuclear weapons being used because we can't think of anything but a full-on WWIII scenario. There are so many likely steps that would have to be taken before the "mutually assured destruction level" that I cannot imagine it ever getting there. Nevertheless, even a tactical nuke used in this conflict opens the door to far more serious escalation, so let's just hope and pray we never get there.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
If Putin dies or gets murdered, who takes over?

I know the PM will take temporary control, but I don't think he's ever done anything to suggest his views.

Who would be elected? Will they be worse?
Bj of course 🤪