Ukraine

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
As for belief ..... perhaps I will entertain the belief that Geoff is in fact God ...... and since it cannot be proven one way or the other whether he is or he isn't then my belief is valid . Even if he himself says he isn't I will just claim he is being modest and testing the strength of my belief . That is the whole point of belief it can be created from nothing and needs have no foundation . All that is required is the unshakable adherence of the believer and as if by magic you have .... a religion.

Last edited:

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The problem of religious belief is it dismisses the right for another person to have an alternative.

There is no difference in the nations in antiquity having multi-God's than there is just having one.
Yet forcefully they have all tried to change the world otherwise.

Last edited:

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
In my opinion the main conflict in the next decades will be the conflict between the West versus Russia and China.
It is the end of the unipolar world and it is likely that we see many proxy wars or even direct confrontations between the blocks.

We can increase the chance to prevail if we allow open and free discussions about this topic. A free discussion with allowing deviating assessments is in my opinion the best vehicle so that the society can come to the best available decision after hearing different opinions.. Only staying in the own bubble tends to cause suboptimal decision.
What about the quite maritime war between India and China?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Or India/Pakistan.
Any of the Stan countries who they take a dislike to on any given day.
Or Africa/Middle East where a new leader or religious zealot fancies resurrecting a long forgotten tribal/cultural dispute.

The world is always on the cusp so best just get on with life.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Never go to a country ending in ‘stan’ if you can avoid it. Every one of them that I’ve been to has left a lot to be desired…

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have a neighbour called Stan, apart from his drinking too much he is a great guy!!!!

SeanB

Site Supporter
What about Birmingstan? Heard there's some dodgy characters around there.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Some areas not as bad as Bradfordistan but has potential to be seeking independence in a decade or two.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
I saw them at Donington MOR in 81 supporting AC/DC as they were late replacements for Ozzy.
Fell in love with them then and brilliant live.
I envy you if you saw them earlier Brian 🤟🤟

Reuben

Site Supporter
Seems like a case of ‘thinning the herd’. Might make Putin start looking over his shoulder a bit…..

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Read something the other day that said 9 Ogliarchs close to Pootin had died, five military advisors and 11 opponents.