Tying hooks

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
good video that my friend i use a gizmo now life is so much easier with having pigs tits for fingers and the old mince pies not been has good has they used to be i get set up with a big lamp with the magnifier watching tv spot on especialy in winter when its dark early doors

rudd

Site Supporter
i tie be hand.....0.06 to a 24 no problem and little to no lubrication.

I post this link everytime this topic comes up but it really is the dogs b**l*x

tricky to learn but once you get it you'll not (pardon the pun;)) look back and great results

typically i tie 12 turns + one for luck (dont like even numbersbut not scared of the number 13:p)
Would prefer commentary on video rather than that racket of noise!
My reason - I have learnt various knots and things on u tube.
I watch video several times to get the jist, then whilst doing whatever I have learnt like to listen to the video commentary as I do it.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
a picture paints a thousand words......lol

it is fairly self explanatory but its not my video, just one someone kindly put up on You tube a few years back

mbuna_matt

Practice with a size 10 and a heavy gauge to get the hang of hand tying - don't jump straight into a size 18. I was doing my nut in to start with. I also invested in a good magnifying glass .....................

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I use an Eeze-tie at home, when on the bank I use a Matchman hook tyer. It's just a question of practice, practice, practice until you think you've got it...then practice some more till you know you've cracked it.