Two Programmes

jods

Site Supporter
Just finished reading this thread and starving so going downstairs to cut a large tattie into chips then fry add a little salt and place between two slices of heavily buttered white bread then while muttering mmm gorge myself
and maybe repeat (y)
Philistine. LOL. :D :cool:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
When I first met the missus we went to a real swanky restaurant in Nottingham. I ordered a meal that had a huge write up and list of ingredients, I was starving. The waiter and two chefs came out in a procession bearing a tray covered by a huge silver dome, it turned heads all round the room. The waiter put the tray down and the chef announced "Voila" as the other chef removed the dome with a flourish. On the plate was a tiny pile of food that I could have easily fitted into a sandwich. My missus had a laughing fit and still chuckles to this day.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I like money for nothing, being a repurposer (I have no rainbow paint) I like to pick up techniques rather than ideas for a particular finished product.
I agree that what is done to the items is clever and skillful. But it is hardly money for nothing transporting the item sometimes hundreds of miles and paying a craftsman hundreds of pounds in the hope of selling the upcycled project at a profit.

commieboy257

Account Locked
I agree that what is done to the items is clever and skillful. But it is hardly money for nothing transporting the item sometimes hundreds of miles and paying a craftsman hundreds of pounds in the hope of selling the upcycled project at a profit.
oh no the sums asked for the finished goods are ridiculous and the costs the 'trades people' charge for their conversion are beyond comprehension.
some of them just reach for the blue/yellow/green paint and that's their limits.