Twisted loop boom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triturus

I have been plagued at times with feeder/hooklength spin when using fixed paternoster rigs and have been reluctant to use swivels due to the increased number of knots required to include one in my setup. The 3 loop method has been discussed in recent threads, but again multiple knots are required with resultant multiple possible weaknesses. So I've tried a number of ways to create a boom system to hold the hooklength away from the feeder link, without actually putting a boom in there, but nothing achieved what I wanted. Then I came across this twisted loop boom rig in the sea angling section of an old Angling Times,( apparently it's one of the standard rigs you should be able to tie as a sea angler) and was wondering if anyone has tried it using our much finer lines, as the illustrations in the AT were with standard looking 20lb mono.

Happy New Year to you all

Neil

Larry

Lazarus
Neil, Iused get a lot of tangles using swivels because i use swivels a lot when feeder fishing belive line holds beeter to a swivel than to itself but hardly get any now because i use the drennen swinel stop beads &the other stop bead that fit on feeder link. see pisc below.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Larry

Lazarus
neil heres the instructions,hope this helps

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Status