TV question

Sportsman

Site Supporter
We have an old Sony Bravia that we use in the bedroom, connected to an Android streaming device. When watching sometimes, the picture suddenly changes to what looks like a reddish green negative effect. That is about the best way I can desribe it. I can reset it by switching the android device off and back on again. It is not the device, which works perfectly in our other TV.
So, Is there a button I can press, or is it a new TV? Hope not, as otherwise the picture and sound is excellent.
thanks

Chervil

Site Supporter
I occasionally get the same thing on a Sony Bravia, which I have in my TV room, connected to a Firestick. It happens about once every couple of weeks, but only when first turned on. Switching it off and on makes it go away. As I only get it on start up, I was thinking that, maybe, it was still connecting to the Wi-Fi. Could your Wi-Fi be dropping out?

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Re. WiFi, I don't think so, as this happens every 10-30 mins. However, I can't discount it as the TVs are in separate rooms, so it's possible. I will swap the TVs out and see what happens.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
We have an old Sony Bravia that we use in the bedroom, connected to an Android streaming device. When watching sometimes, the picture suddenly changes to what looks like a reddish green negative effect. That is about the best way I can desribe it. I can reset it by switching the android device off and back on again. It is not the device, which works perfectly in our other TV.
So, Is there a button I can press, or is it a new TV? Hope not, as otherwise the picture and sound is excellent.
thanks
You have a television in the bedroom?
Oh dear! :D

Chervil

Site Supporter
Re. WiFi, I don't think so, as this happens every 10-30 mins. However, I can't discount it as the TVs are in separate rooms, so it's possible. I will swap the TVs out and see what happens.
There are a lot of wi-fi speed checkers you can download to your phone via play store. I did it and went around the house checking the strength in various rooms, when we got our new full fibre a few weeks ago. The one I'm using is Speed Test Master Pro.

scuttster

Site Supporter
thanks
Has it always done it or is it something that has recently happened? I know that a good few years ago when hdmi started to become more prevalent on televisions and the two devices did not perform a proper hdcp handshake to each other the image went green as a method to stop copy of content.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Is the effect like the blue pixels have suddenly died? Had something similar on a TV a few years ago and was a dodgy HDMI port, switched to a different port and sorted.

Might be worth both using a different port and different HDMI cable.