TV or Radio claims to fame

Gutsy

Anyone on here got a TV or Radio claim to fame , once did a day with radio Derby talking about sewer misuse of all things and what not to put down the toilet , what's your claim to fame and have you got a link to prove it lol , unfortunately mine is lost in the annuals of history although it was on a podcast for a few weeks .

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was invited to talk on to BBC Radio York about fishing quite a few years ago, it was being broadcast to several local radio stations.
I got there, met up with the broadcaster/interviewer and we sat down and started to discuss fishing live on radio. The broadcaster turned the subject onto fish feeling pain as a recent report had just been published at the time.
Anyway, the tone changed from being friendly to a direct assault on angling but luckily I'd read the report and the criticisms of it and managed to fend off his assault plus take over the conversation putting 'our' side of the story across - the interviewer cut the discussion short and pulled the plug on it, quickly changing the subject.
I had a few words with him off-air afterward as it was quite clear he had a different agenda.

Been on Talk Sport with Keith Arthur a couple of times in the past; not been on TV (yet) though apart from a brief moment on Calendar News when I was a nipper

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I think my Tourette's along with my say it how it is attitude might get me into Trouble. :whistle: :whistle:

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
My claim to fame? I was randomly on an episode of Fortean TV on Channel 4 back in about 1997 being hypnotised by a dog. Yes. Really.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I appeared in an advertisement for Kit-Kat bars circa 1975.
I was interviewed in November 2007 by a BBC telly news man when Eurostar was moving from Waterloo to St. Pancras. I never did see the interview as it was shown on the local London news the following lunchtime.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I was on the local news a good few years back, I was interviewed outside the factory gates when the company I work for announced some redundancies....they caught me as I was going out for some lunch

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Police 5 with Shaw Taylor, nah, not really. I won on Capital Radios "beat the intro" quiz many moons ago, I think Nicky Horne was the DJ.

TonyA

Site Supporter
Did an hour long episode of "Your money or your life" with Alvin Hall in 2000 - about retiring to France.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Was interviewed on radio about future aspirations when i was a student. ..Was told I had a face for radio.
Was on a channel 7 (local area) tv series and I was one of the experts with regards child early education. Still have the boxset on video...Told I had a face for radio

Was on the news(calendar) speaking to the queen during one of her state visits ( British Oxygen Stallingborough)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Been on Radio Northampton three or four times talking about life with an ileostomy or internal pouch after having the colon removed.

Had a couple of things read out by Sir Terry Wogan and Sarah Kennedy on Radio 2.

Near miss - A friend and I went to see the first UK screening of Star Wars in London one Boxing Day. In the queue he was interviewed by a TV news crew. I didn't have the courage to say that I had seen the film in the USA earlier in the year.

Then of course I have a few YouTube videos.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Speaking part on Countryfile some years ago weighing in on the Airport at Enniskillen.
Pop up on the Discovery type channels from time to time with my hobby of Land speed racing might even show up in the new series of Top Gear when they came to play at our runway at Elvington although most of what is filmed finishes up being cut for a short section in the actual programme.
Surprising where you pop up, the year after this we were on Anglia TV.