TV licence...

Arch

Site Supporter
I'm in the middle of an argument on a hillwalking forum regarding this. I think it's a good thing, they don't. LOL.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I think this is the first 'shot across the bow' in finding a new funding model. They have to find an agreement by 2027m so expect it to rumble on for some time yet.

The BBC have only got themselves to blame - they've had plenty of warning about bias and don't seem to have addressed the problem.

Robwooly

Wow that's pretty big news, whilst I love some radio coverage like TMS I don't like not hearing any guitar music and the constant stream of dance and grime/rap or seeing channels like the Asian network or whatever it's called when the BBC is supposed to be all inclusive, as for the TV it's been falling behind for years, preaching certain trending values ahead of knocking out good programmes,

Having had Netflix for a while now I can see how the BBC have lagged behind, good riddance I say to the TV license it ain't worth me paying for four or five tv shows a year and a bit of sport on the radio, If someone said for £150 a year that's what you get then they would get very few takers

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
You can't really run right wing telly so they make it as left wing as possible, it is state television after all, that's when I stopped watching. A shame as they have been capable of producing some good stuff in the past.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not a done deal yet, only the tories are in favour of getting rid of the licence, not that I am bothered, do not pay the damn thing. Enough TV to watch with my firestick and free streaming services.