TV Licence

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I see Boris is talking about axing it altogether,but be aware there is a scam going on at the moment re TV licence,I have had two emails in the last fortnight telling me that the direct debit that pays for it has been rejected,as it is in my wifes name and she has been getting it for free it sort of gives you a clue that it's a scam.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
He must have noticed the activity when Corbyn said he was going to "reaccess" the TV licence etc.. suddenly St Boggis is going to abolish it altogether!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
And what will they replace it with to get back the lost revenue? Pay per view? monthly subscription? Whatever it is, it will cost more than the current licence fee. Of course it's a scam, but because it's the government, it's a legal scam.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
And what will they replace it with to get back the lost revenue? Pay per view? monthly subscription? Whatever it is, it will cost more than the current licence fee. Of course it's a scam, but because it's the government, it's a legal scam.

Advertising mate, just imagine what having the first ever commercial advert on the BBC would be worth, companies pay millions for the first advert in the commercial break during the superbowl, just imagine what the bidding would be like to have the fame of being th first ever commercial on the famous advert free BBC!!

The amount raised from advertising will also benefit the government in extra taxes raised from the adverts as well, the beeb ain't going to run them for free and when they earn they have to pay...unl;ess they are a multinational company with friends in the tory party ;)

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
It won’t get through parliament, the way they are handling brexit shows they haven’t a know how on anything.