Tunnel Barn Farm -today’s match-Extension,House, Canal

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
At 11 metres Gaz I’m thinking you were feeding the casters by catapult? Do you need to keep the feed tight or does it not matter? Finally how many do you feed approx each time.
Great result well done👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
At 11 metres Gaz I’m thinking you were feeding the casters by catapult? Do you need to keep the feed tight or does it not matter? Finally how many do you feed approx each time.
Great result well done👍
Catapult yes, I I fire them roughly while I’m priming it , then tighten it up when I go on it 👍at the moment they’re not really having it so feeding lightly 6-10 casters twice, every minute, I only used 1 1/2 pints so gives you an idea….when they’re having maggots shallow properly in the summer you can get through 6-8 pints, depending on what others are feeding around you 👍

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Today’s match was a big turnout 50+, so spread over Extension, House, and canal pools, Anita has drawn me Extension 27, not great, but the wind blowing down that way, thought it might be ok 💁‍♂️Anyway I’ve mugged a few, and caught shallow, with banded caster, at 11m and down my left edge, for 79-15-0, which has won the overall match, 💪💰💰I’ve caught at the same depth all day -8 inches 💁‍♂️Mark Jaques was 2nd off House 10 with 73lb , not sure what was 3rd …. Back out again on Thursday 👍. 1AE993F1-2D4E-4C08-8350-D31BEAB3959F.jpeg 0C101560-E255-4A9B-BE14-4B99A79BFB57.jpeg
Brilliant result ,is it a man is it a bird ,no its superman 😀, top dangling Gazza

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Bart bloody time. Must be a fortnight since you won. I was about to take your picture down off my bedroom ceiling. 🤣🤣

Well done Gazza mate. Top angling. 👍
I didn’t do anything clever mate, I mugged a ghostie, a mirror, and a few F1,s, and fished caster shallow, I think everyone went armed with meat and maggots, but I could tell it wasn’t going to work , it was too hot 🌞💁‍♂️

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I didn’t do anything clever mate, I mugged a ghostie, a mirror, and a few F1,s, and fished caster shallow, I think everyone went armed with meat and maggots, but I could tell it wasn’t going to work , it was too hot 🌞💁‍♂️
Am I missing something or is this meat fishing shallow been going on a while ? Anglers have stared doing it on our club waters. I’ve always used meat for edge fishing for get me out of jail munters. Maggots casters and pellets for shalla fishing. I must get myself back on commercials. 🙄

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Am I missing something or is this meat fishing shallow been going on a while ? Anglers have stared doing it on our club waters. I’ve always used meat for edge fishing for get me out of jail munters. Maggots casters and pellets for shalla fishing. I must get myself back on commercials. 🙄
Meat is a very slow sinking bait, and fish will naturally start coming up in the water , like any bait then, fish it shallow 👍it’s a good bait for mugging 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Meat is a very slow sinking bait, and fish will naturally start coming up in the water , like any bait then, fish it shallow 👍it’s a good bait for mugging 👍
I’ve been trying to get my dad to put his cut meat in water for I don’t know how long. Does he listen ? Sat behind him a few weeks ago and he’s complaining that the new pole floats Id given him won’t shot properly. His punched meat was floating and holding up his number 10 dropper. I laughed but, didn’t have the heart to tell him. He still caught. 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

chris1967

Site Supporter
superb mate ,nice when you've got all place something like gives you that bit of confidence to catch anywhere

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
superb mate ,nice when you've got all place something like gives you that bit of confidence to catch anywhere
Cheers Chris , basically it’s a non descript peg, not in the middle, but not on the end of a straight, bit rubbish really, 😂