Tunnel Barn Farm-Friday flyer-afternoon match

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I fished the afternoon match today at TBF, it’s an afternoon match ,fish 1.30-6.30 👍On Club Pool, Tony’s drawn me 13 👌there’s been a few fish there today , and I’ve had a steady day , but not good enough though 💁‍♂️Finishing up with 141-10-0, of carp , F1,s and stockies, peg was worth a lot more 🙈🙈meat wasn’t great and I spent too long on it , when I changed to maggots shallow, it was a lot better 💁‍♂️The lad on peg 11 has absolutely emptied it , with a massive 290lb !!!!!!!! There was a 145lb ,on peg 17, in front of me as well ...Lovely day though, and nice to catch a few, I’ve got 2 matches there this week, then it’s the 3-day over50,s Festival, so looking forward to that 🎣👍. 68DB2E33-A409-4DFE-88EF-88267620D138.jpeg AC3307EF-859C-45DE-8907-5CDBDA48261D.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
141lb is not to be sniffed at for an afternoon's fishing - nice one (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I fished the afternoon match today at TBF, it’s an afternoon match ,fish 1.30-6.30 👍On Club Pool, Tony’s drawn me 13 👌there’s been a few fish there today , and I’ve had a steady day , but not good enough though 💁‍♂️Finishing up with 141-10-0, of carp , F1,s and stockies, peg was worth a lot more 🙈🙈meat wasn’t great and I spent too long on it , when I changed to maggots shallow, it was a lot better 💁‍♂️The lad on peg 11 has absolutely emptied it , with a massive 290lb !!!!!!!! There was a 145lb ,on peg 17, in front of me as well ...Lovely day though, and nice to catch a few, I’ve got 2 matches there this week, then it’s the 3-day over50,s Festival, so looking forward to that 🎣👍. 68DB2E33-A409-4DFE-88EF-88267620D138.jpeg AC3307EF-859C-45DE-8907-5CDBDA48261D.jpeg
Great catch Gazza , 141 lb is a very good weight , i can only dream of those weights . Well done 👏,

emmaemma

Site Supporter
141lb is not to be sniffed at....(y) Did you get them on banded maggot? How many pints of maggots do you take to the match and how much do you use if they are having it?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
141lb is not to be sniffed at....(y) Did you get them on banded maggot? How many pints of maggots do you take to the match and how much do you use if they are having it?
I started on banded, but they weren’t really having it, so I put a size 18 plain hook on , I only used about a pint of maggots, I only had 2 pints with me, as they haven’t been working 💁‍♂️In summer when they’re really having it you need a gallon, but weights are much bigger

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Great catch Gazza , 141 lb is a very good weight , i can only dream of those weights . Well done 👏,
Wasn’t anywhere near good enough though mate, I needed double that to win 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️, whether or not things are on the up remains to be seen , or whether or not it was just an exceptional day , we’ll see

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Wasn’t anywhere near good enough though mate, I needed double that to win 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️, whether or not things are on the up remains to be seen , or whether or not it was just an exceptional day , we’ll see
Its a great weight Gaz ,i know its not a winning weight but excellent all the same . The venues im fishing are at the moment throwing around 35lb winning weights lol.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Nice one pal. Well fished. 👍. Can I ask one thing though ? Can you put a towel or something under that half butt. That section on that concrete flag is making me cringe. 🤣🤣👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Nice one pal. Well fished. 👍. Can I ask one thing though ? Can you put a towel or something under that half butt. That section on that concrete flag is making me cringe. 🤣🤣👍
I didn’t fish a good match, spent too much time trying to fish meat in the deep water, then meat shallow 🤡soon as I went on maggots, I did a lot better , I’m not very good at meat fishing 😂😂and it’s only a dolly butt, they’re meant to take punishment!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
As I was told by a prominent angler - always fish to your strengths

Save the bits your not good at for practice sessions ;)
Yes but maggots haven’t been working, so I’ve had to try and adapt, pointless being on the wrong bait, even if you can fish it well ....yesterday was the first time maggots have worked for anyone 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️