Tunnel Barn farm, Bank holiday open

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
well done Chefster.

serious question - how does one band casters or maggots? I've tried looking on youtube but can't find anything ... other than a recommendation on Bobble TV to use a bait band that's just the right size (rather than the little latex ones that I have)

I remember the first time i ever used bait bands (Lindholme AT winter league semi). No banding tool and a 10 second instructional from John Howard in the Lindholme shop. Jamie Hughes was pegged close by opposite and was giggling as I gave a commentary on my trials and tribulations working out how to band 4mm and 6mm pellets! I had it sussed after an hour ... but was always playing catchup after that (let alone the fact that it was my first foray on a commercial for over 15 years!)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
well done Chefster.

serious question - how does one band casters or maggots? I've tried looking on youtube but can't find anything ... other than a recommendation on Bobble TV to use a bait band that's just the right size (rather than the little latex ones that I have)

I remember the first time i ever used bait bands (Lindholme AT winter league semi). No banding tool and a 10 second instructional from John Howard in the Lindholme shop. Jamie Hughes was pegged close by opposite and was giggling as I gave a commentary on my trials and tribulations working out how to band 4mm and 6mm pellets! I had it sussed after an hour ... but was always playing catchup after that (let alone the fact that it was my first foray on a commercial for over 15 years!)
All I do is push the band over the plain end of my disgorger,roll the maggot on my leg, slide it under the band and slide the whole thing off, I’ve been doing it that long it takes 2 seconds literally 👍😂

The Landlord

Site Supporter
All I do is push the band over the plain end of my disgorger,roll the maggot on my leg, slide it under the band and slide the whole thing off, I’ve been doing it that long it takes 2 seconds literally 👍😂
Do you always do it with a single maggot or can you band a bunch of them?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Do you always do it with a single maggot or can you band a bunch of them?
If it’s solid and I’m feeding big handfuls or I’m fishing against a reed bed , then I’ll sometimes fish bunches, otherwise it’s normally a single👍

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
A good turnout today , so we’ve been spread about over New pool, I’ve been handed peg 40, not a great area, as the fish seem to be small stamp, in this area, still good for bites 👍Basically I’ve had a steady match, fishing shallow to the reeds on maggots,with banded maggot, View attachment 41580 View attachment 41582 and down the right edge, with pellets, to finish with 98-10-0 of stockies, F1,s , and skimmers, which has luckily been good enough for 3rd place, and a pick up that’s paid for the day 💥💥120lb has won, 105lb was 2nd, from good pegs 😉I was pleased to get a result from there 👍Gazza
Nice little Wright up mate,well done. It jesus christ, how many top kits ?

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
well done Chefster.

Hi mate.
You can fish maggort on the hook with great results, just nic it in the middle.it mìmicks the same kinda way that maggort fall when loose feeding.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I don’t pole fish but seen local commercial has banned jigga floats. Why would this be ?