Tucked away and almost forgotten about.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I bet our Peter will go out to the tackle room/garage etc and clean the handle though Mick..;)...Peter sets high standards of cleanliness for his fishing tackle and it's great to see/appreciate when hard earned has been previously spent.....I'm exactly the same......;):giggle:
You’re not talking you’re way out of this one. C’mon .... pay up. 😳🤣🤣

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
After reading @Silverfisher 's post "How much tackle you got" I wondered just how accurate some of those lists were. If like me you've been fishing for a good few years there's probably a good few with stuff tucked away that hasn't seen the light of day for a good few years. Bit's of kit that you meant to move on but never got round to, stuff that just got relegated as your style of fishing changed.
I'm not talking rubbish bits that didn't do their job and deserved nothing but the bin but perfectly serviceable bits and pieces that maybe just went out of style of got superseded by the next latest/greatest must have that we are all susceptible when we wander into a tackle shop for a pint of maggots and come out of there only to find that we have somehow parted with considerably more than the cost of that original pint of maggots. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway this morning I'm putting some stuff up in the loft for Mrs M and out of the corner I spy a box marked "Odds & Sods", it's been up there since we moved and as It's an old box was probably packed long before we moved anyway. Yep you've guessed, bits and bobs of tackle amongst the other stuff in there.

Exibit 1 your honour, a Daiwa 120M closed face reel, put away in it's pouch in gawd knows when along with a spare spool, but the line might just need replacing..........

Daiwa 120M.JPG
Then a box with a good 100+ floats that for some reason got consigned to the land of the forgotten........................

Drennan Carp Crystal.JPG
Drennan Carp Crystals that probably made way for Pellet Wagglers

Fox Dave Coster Shallow Waggler.JPG
Fox Dave Coster Shallow Water Wagglers

Sundridge Compalite wagglers.JPG
Sundridge Compalite Wagglers

Drennan Zoomer and Ultra Onion.JPG
Drennan Zoomer and an Ultra Onion

Drennan Balsa Antenna and Canal Grey.JPG
Drennan Balsa Antenna and a Drennan Canal Grey

Billy Makin Grey.JPG
Billy Makin Greys
All of the above forgotten about as time has marched on but some of them will definitely be coming out of retirement in the months that lie ahead. :upthumb:
This one has had a couple more outings than yours I reckon Peter. Namely a decade on the Trent I think. Although it looks like it’s had a decade IN the Trent compared to your 120M. 07D819FC-527B-4695-AA6E-A72C84C7E8DB.jpeg

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
This one has had a couple more outings than yours I reckon Peter. Namely a decade on the Trent I think. Although it looks like it’s had a decade IN the Trent compared to your 120M.
Takes a licking and keeps on ticking, 🤣

Total

Site Supporter
This one has had a couple more outings than yours I reckon Peter. Namely a decade on the Trent I think. Although it looks like it’s had a decade IN the Trent compared to your 120M. 07D819FC-527B-4695-AA6E-A72C84C7E8DB.jpeg
Don't know how you've got the sauce to put up a photo of that on here!:help:🤪🤣