Tsurinoya Jaguar reel from AliExpress - unboxing, first impressions, etc

adriang

Site Supporter
I previously created a short unboxing video of my unboxing and impressions of the KastKing Sharky III reel: https://www.maggotdrowning.com/foru...I-reel-unboxing-and-first-impressions.230895/

From some online discussions, the main competitor in regards to a reasonably decent reel from AliExpress was from a brand called Tsurinoya, specifically their Jaguar model. Some have said they prefer it for fresh water applications.

I bought one and it arrived earlier this week. I made an unboxing video, giving my initial impressions and also compared the sizing to the Sharky III (4000 sized) and a Shimano NASCI (3000).

As a summary, another reel that feels decent quality and seems to come in at a reasonable price point. I got mine landed for about £54 including the additional spool (so I got 3 in total, 2 shallow, one deep). Not much between them, I think the Sharky may have a slightly more more solid feeling mechanism for the bail.

The 1000-3000 Jaguar reels are here: 58.05US $ 25% OFF|TSURINOYA Fishing Reel Jaguar 4000 5000 Double Spool Carp Reel 9+1BB 5.2:1 Fishing Lure Spinning Reel Saltwater Feeder Reel|Fishing Reels| - AliExpress. They do sell larger ones.