TSB

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Does anyone bank with these ??? have you received a letter saying your account is being closed??? , I have.
Letter just arrived in the post, genuine, has my sort code, account number etc,etc.
been with them since they merged with Lloyds bank (was with Lloyds for 30 years before the merger).
don't owe them money, never asked them for money, had a regular wage going in, savings,now have a monthly pension paid in.
obviously will give them a ring later for an explaination, i just thought I'd see if any fellow MD,ers have had the same letter.

Total

Site Supporter
Does anyone bank with these ??? have you received a letter saying your account is being closed??? , I have.
Letter just arrived in the post, genuine, has my sort code, account number etc,etc.
been with them since they merged with Lloyds bank (was with Lloyds for 30 years before the merger).
don't owe them money, never asked them for money, had a regular wage going in, savings,now have a monthly pension paid in.
obviously will give them a ring later for an explaination, i just thought I'd see if any fellow MD,ers have had the same letter.
I know they are closing a boat load of branches....As for closing accounts, I really don't know....(y).....I think your local branch is up the Blue?....Give 'em a bell....(y)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Money Savings Expert forum had a discussion about this in 2016. This is the wording of the letter then (apparently Lloyds used the same wording).

"We're writing to let you know that following a review of your account we can no longer run a bank account for you. We will be closing your account on 03/052016

Please make alternative banking arrangements immediately. We will stop making regular payments from your account on 03/05/2016 so if you don't make other arrangements you'll need to contact the people you want to pay.

We will issue you a cheque with the closing credit balance on 03/05/2016"

Discussion here

I assume that they are closing accounts that cost them money to run.

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
I know they are closing a boat load of branches....As for closing accounts, I really don't know....(y).....I think your local branch is up the Blue?....Give 'em a bell....(y)
Will do Mark, just annoying, no other banks down the blue,will need to find a bank with a branch in the keys.

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Money Savings Expert forum had a discussion about this in 2016. This is the wording of the letter then (apparently Lloyds used the same wording).

"We're writing to let you know that following a review of your account we can no longer run a bank account for you. We will be closing your account on 03/052016

Please make alternative banking arrangements immediately. We will stop making regular payments from your account on 03/05/2016 so if you don't make other arrangements you'll need to contact the people you want to pay.

We will issue you a cheque with the closing credit balance on 03/05/2016"

Discussion here

I assume that they are closing accounts that cost them money to run.
Thanks neil,that's the exact same letter I just recieved.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had one from the HSBC the other day, stating they were closing a savings account that Ive had for years

though I havent used it for a long while, it still has some money in it, (less than £50 I believe), they said Ive got to contact them to move the balance to a live account or it will go into a dead bank account fund in about a 12 month