Trying to do right!

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
As I posted previously, we now have my dad living with us until things get right. He is due a shipload of medicine next week and I rang the chemist in Nottingham to see if we could get it delivered. No was the reply, although I could get it transferred to our local chemist (6 miles away) and I would need to ring them and tell them to 'nominate' the Nottingham branch. I rang the local chemist, in Louth, and they told me that; yes they would nominate the Notts branch but that I would have to ring them and tell them that they now had to nominate the Louth branch, in other words they had to 'nominate' each other. I rang the Notts branch again and they agreed, but it was too late to change this order and that I would have to go in and collect it, involving a 4 hour round trip! It ended up with me ringing my sister and she is now going to collect it and post it to us; although we are unsure of the legality of using Royal Mail for delivering medication. Why the chemists could not just speak to each other I don't know.

The other issue was his daily paper, he has it delivered every day; one quick call and the very next day his papers had been diverted and dropped through our letter box.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
As I posted previously, we now have my dad living with us until things get right. He is due a shipload of medicine next week and I rang the chemist in Nottingham to see if we could get it delivered. No was the reply, although I could get it transferred to our local chemist (6 miles away) and I would need to ring them and tell them to 'nominate' the Nottingham branch. I rang the local chemist, in Louth, and they told me that; yes they would nominate the Notts branch but that I would have to ring them and tell them that they now had to nominate the Louth branch, in other words they had to 'nominate' each other. I rang the Notts branch again and they agreed, but it was too late to change this order and that I would have to go in and collect it, involving a 4 hour round trip! It ended up with me ringing my sister and she is now going to collect it and post it to us; although we are unsure of the legality of using Royal Mail for delivering medication. Why the chemists could not just speak to each other I don't know.

The other issue was his daily paper, he has it delivered every day; one quick call and the very next day his papers had been diverted and dropped through our letter box.
I'd phone them back and ask to nominate each other and also email them both the same thing ...

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I'd phone them back and ask to nominate each other and also email them both the same thing ...
My mother lives with me for the same reason had the same problem with delivery not taking on any more deliveries as they're over booked fortunately it's only 15min drive to pick the prescription up

62tucker

Site Supporter
The thing is there is hundreds panic buying medication. Instead of getting a months supply they are asking for 3 months /6 months etc. Daughters shop even ran out of prescriptions to print on. Never happened before in 12 years.