Trout

Status
Not open for further replies.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
any of you lot ever caught trout using coarse fishing teqniues (tatics) if so tell me the best ones and baits..... cos im off to the lakes next week and i dont really wanna got piking i rather go fishing for trout....

p.s do trout have teeth and if so will i need a wire trace????

Regards Gf
Roll on the replys!!!!!
angel2.gif

norm

they don`t have teeth , but they have realy dangerous gums lol

just use worm mate

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Dont know the byelaws covering the Lakes Gary, Dragon will be the best one to ask.
However , I guess the trout will require a special licence and you wont be allowed to fish with maggots or float, just legered or free line worm, spinning or fly!

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Alan Roe

Get caught using maggots in the lake district and you will be summarily hung drawn and quartered and the bits will be boiled in oil and fed to the rats...........Licence wise your current rod licence covers brown trout. No you won't need a wire trace.....For the most fun of all get some fly gear and learn how to use it!!

Cheers
Alan

Polepot

Poles
I agree with Alan, quite right if you are going to fish for trout do it with respect and tackle them with a Fly. D'ont use a worm or maggot

Casting a Fly is easy,
once you have the knack but that what everyone tells me when I am trying to catapult maggots

There are a number of lakes that have been stocked with Rainbows and the charges are relatively cheap.

There isone near Hawkshead which is very good - but yoyu will need to hire a boat.

Tight Lines

Polepot

Zinky

Grumpy
Try these links
http://www.sodo.freeserve.co.uk/
http://www.carlsons.co.uk
http://www.skrinkle.co.uk
http://www.hawkshead.demon.co.uk

Try Ethswaite its the tops for Trout Pike and Massive Roach
Last report 19/03/2002
The huge stocking we mentioned in our last report has happened so the fishing is very easy at the moment with the bulk of these fish in the shallower water at the south end of the lake. Medium sink or intermediate lines and lures best with this cold snap. As soon as it warms then buzzers on a floating line will produce very well. Worms and spinners producing best for the non fly fishers.

. Best trout reported was 4lb 8oz. Pike angling has been very good and the season here finishes on 31 March so if you want a real chance of a 30 then get here in the next two weeks.Best pike this week was taken by Burneside regular Nick Dene who took a 26lb 2oz fish from the shallows on trolled herring. Jerkbaits are also producing well. .

Dragonbat Method heavy feeder or big waggler corn or worm and be prepared for some very big hits fish heavy the trout will smash fine hook lengths.

But check before you go maggots only allowed in Novemember and December. Give Bob Carlson a call he will always give good advice.
Tight Lines Dragonbat

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello

have done lots of trout fishing and fly can be very fun and effective but you will also catch them on all of the methods mentioned above.

corn,maggotts.worms,spinners,small plugs,pellets(for farmed fish),
bread,minnows and so on.trout can be really greedy and often when
roach fishing in the winter on my local rivers all i can catch is
accidental brownies.

putting some movement into your baits will help,like moving the float
or twitching when ledger fishing.keep a regular supply of bait going in and make sure you have a suitable disgorger as trout will swallow
the bait readily.you wont need a wire trace,but make sure your hooks are razor sharp as trout have tough toothy mouths.

hope this helps
adam

rob27

peg nine
I have found that a legered lobworm is by far the best bait for brown trout but you do have to watch as they frequently swallow the bait. I have also had success using a very small mepps spinner.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Rob27 - is there anything that won't take a mepps? I think that lure would rule the world except that too many non-living things like to take it as well. Logs, stumps, weed, and so on.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.