trout fishing on the rivers of ayrshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhl man

formally known as
going up to auckenleck for a week next month to see the outlaws and stepkids , well the father outlaw is a fly man and having got some fly gear now im wanting to know some good spots up there so i can beat him lol, i have been to some of the loacal lochs around his way , ayr , irvine and kilmarnock but im just wondering if anyone has done any fly fishing up there and some decent places to go[:W][:W][:W]

bigdavewsf

dont you mean auchinleck [:p]

as far as i can remember all of the rivers are controlled by local clubs

my nan lived in stewarton and ive fished the irvine and the annick for trout when i was a kid( in fact my ash's are going in the annick when i die [:D])

have a look here

http://www.crownflyfishers.co.uk/dreghorn/front_page.htm

the rivers are both quite small and a lot depends on rain bringing the levels up

nelson66

ask the same question on www.flyforums.co.uk and you should get a few answers.

dhl man

formally known as
Originally posted by bigdavewsf

dont you mean auchinleck [:p]

as far as i can remember all of the rivers are controlled by local clubs

my nan lived in stewarton and ive fished the irvine and the annick for trout when i was a kid( in fact my ash's are going in the annick when i die [:D])

have a look here

http://www.crownflyfishers.co.uk/dreghorn/front_page.htm

the rivers are both quite small and a lot depends on rain bringing the levels up
im always spelling it wrong but thats being a southerner for ya ,tiz all them jock words i cannay say lol( swift slap from the mrs for saying jock)have fished up at some place in the wilds of the hills that i cant remember the name but its near the new wind farm up passed killie , ah craig and dunton think it was called and caught zilch everytime and just want to try somewhere new , done the clyde at lanark last time up and the father in law had a couple of very small brownies , just want a nice try and a good fish lol[:W][:W]

dhl man

formally known as
cheers , iffin ya find out anything just give me a shout , told the father in law about it and he seems happy , better than trudging up to craig n dunton resi to not catch or see a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.