Trotting, sit or stand?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
And that's exactly the reason for mentioning it mate. These young 'guns' of today eh? Mention it and they go all blank looks and wonder what the heck you're talking about.
Let’s keep it to ourselves Peter 🤣🤣👍.

A chap called Col Foster showed me a few tricks when trotting many many years ago. We were fishing the Wharfe at Tadcaster below the A64 bridge. I was being lazy and running my stick through time after time and catching bugger all. Col was catching steady. So, I went to see what he was doing. He was combing stret pegging with letting it run through before holding back again. A rise and fall method. After holding back and on the rise of the maggot the roach were grabbing his bait. It was great to watch and certainly opened my eyes. Sadly Col died of cancer before I turned 17 so I could never return the favours of him taking me fishing all those times. 😩

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Pete, Please don't confuse our Mick, he thinks 'stretting' is something one does with ladies of the night!:oops:(y).....Allegedly...:whistle:
Says the man who wants to show every lady angler how to cast. You got a court date yet Mark ? 🤣🤣

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Have you forgotten the art of long trotting then? Or didn't you bother to learn it in the first place? :LOL:
Don’t get much chance to long trot here the flows too slow for the part of the season the rivers not in flood, if the fish are really up for it you can get away with not even opening the bail given the trots are so short 😅

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yes mate......The day after I have a word with your consultant!:devilish::ROFLMAO:
Apparently he’s a fluff chucker Mark 🙄. The money he charges he’ll be one of those that fishes the river Tay for Salmon for a week with a resident gilly by his side. Hope he casts his best fly into a pine tree. 🤣🤣

tee.bee

Site Supporter
i used to stand all the time but age is catching me up and my back plays up so tend to sit most of the time

dave brittain 1

Deep water high banks sitting, gravel and shallow wade and stand unless you have to wade a long way out in which case my tackle comes with me while I stand in the water by my platform, keeping everything to hand just in case I need to change it up.

Wye dream peg.jpg
;)

grey

Site Supporter
Deep water high banks sitting, gravel and shallow wade and stand unless you have to wade a long way out in which case my tackle comes with me while I stand in the water by my platform, keeping everything to hand just in case I need to change it up.
What makes that photo particularly impressive is dave brittain 1 is underneath holding that lot up.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter

Wye dream peg.jpg
;)
Spot the Scribe competition anyone ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: