Tricast Trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteblade

I've just come into a little bit of money and I'm thinking of maybe upgrading my pole. I use a Tourny Pro at the moment and was wondering if the Tricast is much better as I haven't seen one. I'm obviously going to get hands on one before even contemplating changing. Does anyone know of any stockists in the Sheffield area.

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
this any good to you mate http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum/classDetail.asp?id=9131[:T]

andy phelps

head banger
i can find out where your nearest stockest is mate. i know nathans of derby can get them.

mikeb511

Site Supporter
HI TO ALL
i have a tricast trilogy pole tricast can not make them fast anuff the pole at 16.5m 1280g--at 13m it is 720g it is strong well i have to tell you if you are buying a tricast pole from a shop you have to register the pole so you have a guarantee and your free top three or power top two if you buy one from sum one ie,not from the shop you will not have a guarantee with it new or not i rang tricast up they told me and just one more thing if have a pro x then you will find the trilogy 25% better this pole is outstanding in every way ring Highfield angling 01204572219 ask for vine he will give you all the info,i hope this helps.---------mike [:T][:T][:T]

fredradac

Site Supporter
Mikeb511
At the risk of appearing an ar*e I can tell you that full-stops are allowed on this website!!!
Anyway, some advice on Tri-cast poles please. To be honest I cannot justify even to myself an outlay of 2k for a new pole which I am in the market for. I do like, and trust, Tri-cast gear and last year I hummed and haared about the Finesse model before making do a bit longer with my faithful old Lerc pole. Now I'm wondering if the Finesse and even last year's Aristocract models may become available at reduced prices. I also see that this week's Angling Times gives a good review to the new entry model Senator but how much faith can you place in such reviews?

batman

fredradac, im pretty sure westons are doing the aristocrat for 1750 sure Iv'e seen them on ebay as they sell through there as well. Perhaps a phone call would get a bit more knocked off?

peteblade

Spoke to a bloke in the tackle trade and he reckons the Trilogy isn't as stiff as the Tourny! I may be dissapointed when I get hold of one!

cyril

El blanko
Originally posted by peteblade

Spoke to a bloke in the tackle trade and he reckons the Trilogy isn't as stiff as the Tourny! I may be dissapointed when I get hold of one!

probley last longer than the tourny[:D]

peteblade

Nowt wrong with the Tourny Cyril. Mines 6 years old and I've never broken a section[:D]

cyril

El blanko

Nowt wrong with the Tourny Cyril. Mines 6 years old and I've never broken a section[:D]

never said there was mate [:D never said there was owt right with um lol ([:D][:D][:W]

peteblade

Still waiting to get my hands on one. [:(] Spoke to a bloke who's got a Airity and he's just bought a Trilogy with the extension for all his carping. Mind you he is on a 50,000 + pension!!!!!

cyril

El blanko

Still waiting to get my hands on one. [:(] Spoke to a bloke who's got a Airity and he's just bought a Trilogy with the extension for all his carping. Mind you he is on a 50,000 + pension!!!!!

i had hold of one today[:D][:D] was ok didnt make me go WOW if you get me [:D]

darkhorse

is it any good in a side wind, also what is the supplied holdall like, on ebay states it also holds 3 rods???

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Darkhorse I have the Veriton and up to a point it handles about the same as any other pole with a similar profile the short interex 3 stiffens it up a lot if you want more info pm mak as he has the Trilogy

Bungee

Shame Tri-Cast don't rate and test their poles to the same elastic strength as Daiwa...

rotherhamrob

Wickersley angling do tricast poles go down there and if he has one in he will set it up for you and any other you wish to try

chunkylover

Ding Dang Do
I've spoke to a few guys in the tackle trade and also on the open matches and they all say the tourney is a better pole, only people I have heard saying the finesse is better are either sponsored by tricast or never owned a tourney. Being made by tricast I woukd expect it to be a very good solid pole though.

Status
Not open for further replies.