Tricast Trilogy Long Range Feeder Rods

endpeg

I'm no feeder expert but I cant Imagine you will chuck more then 60m with a 12ft rod.
For distance fishing 80m + you need a 13 or 14 ft rod.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm no feeder expert but I cant Imagine you will chuck more then 60m with a 12ft rod.
For distance fishing 80m + you need a 13 or 14 ft rod.
Yeah I'm only looking to chuck 60m maximum so going to go for the 12'. Like the sound of these rods but wondering if something funny will be going on with the action being a 12' distance rod.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Have just bit the bullet and bought a 12' one anyway so I'll soon see though it will be much later in the year before I get to use it for Bream. :bounce:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My rod arrived today and it seems spot on! I pulled it out of the tube and my dad saw the price tag and said "how much?!" but I think £200 is a reasonable price when you're getting a rod as good as this. The finish is similar to my Excellence Waggler rod, very nice, and I think the unpainted tips are a nice touch.

I had concerns I was going to be buying a bit of a poker and the action would be too tippy being a distance rod and only 12', but from a waggle in the garden the action seem pretty spectacular, just what I want from a feeder rod, not too tippy but firm enough for casting. I can't wait to use it but it will probably be a good few months before I get chance to do any Bream fishing.

One thing I will say is the tips don't say their ratings on them so you have to pick them out by sight or get used to the colour coding.

Total

Site Supporter
My rod arrived today and it seems spot on! I pulled it out of the tube and my dad saw the price tag and said "how much?!" but I think £200 is a reasonable price when you're getting a rod as good as this. The finish is similar to my Excellence Waggler rod, very nice, and I think the unpainted tips are a nice touch.

I had concerns I was going to be buying a bit of a poker and the action would be too tippy being a distance rod and only 12', but from a waggle in the garden the action seem pretty spectacular, just what I want from a feeder rod, not too tippy but firm enough for casting. I can't wait to use it but it will probably be a good few months before I get chance to do any Bream fishing.

One thing I will say is the tips don't say their ratings on them so you have to pick them out by sight or get used to the colour coding.
^^ Enjoy your new purchase mate...(y)......Tri - Cast feeder rod quivertips, of which I've bought over a 30 year period of time, have never had ounce ratings on them....;)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thanks mate. It's a nice touch as well as being unpainted with just a band of colour on them to identify them. True test will be catching some fish on it but it's also a thinner rod and lighter than I expected so all signs are good! (y)

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
Despite using Tricast feeder rods since they first came on the market I cannot for the life of me remember what colour equates to what rating for all of the tips. I ended up knocking this up and keeping a plastic laminated copy in my seatbox :

IMG_4135.JPG The original is in Excel but I wasn't able to attach it.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Thanks mate. It's a nice touch as well as being unpainted with just a band of colour on them to identify them. True test will be catching some fish on it but it's also a thinner rod and lighter than I expected so all signs are good! (y)
Enjoy 😉

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Despite using Tricast feeder rods since they first came on the market I cannot for the life of me remember what colour equates to what rating for all of the tips. I ended up knocking this up and keeping a plastic laminated copy in my seatbox :

IMG_4135.JPG The original is in Excel but I wasn't able to attach it.

This is useful cheers! I might do a bit of a label for mine!