tricast landing net handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Said item arrived today, best net handle I've owned, but only one thing confused me why have an add on at the top which is only what 10 12 inches long, or am I being daft.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Thanks there had to be a reason @Dave but could not think of one right off the top of me head, I'm gong to use it tomorrow or Sunday.

Total

Site Supporter
Enjoy.....(y).......It's not meant for 'the top of your head'....:oops:;)

JayBee

Site Supporter
Use of appropriate landing handle is often useful to net fish that are a bit big to swing on a flicktip whip!!!!(y)(y)

carphauler

Roachhauler
Yeh it's a great handle but would benefit from having this separate piece deleted and maybe a thread on the middle piece of the long version, yes I know there's another thread that fits into the foot long piece.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@JayBee I did have a net, just got carried away fishing to hand and yes 8oz roach are to big to swing in on a flick tip I know this now.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I had one of them, the end kept coming off when I was netting fish, after taping it up , it’s now collecting dust somewhere

JayBee

Site Supporter
I had one of them, the end kept coming off when I was netting fish, after taping it up , it’s now collecting dust somewhere
Wanna sell it? Give me a price shipped, £35 any good?.

JayBee

Site Supporter
Yes I’ll sort it out tomorrow, if you want 👍👍
PM me.......Free shipping to my mate in Kazakhstan??....Only joking, paypal (friends and family OK?)...Get back to me at your convenience.

Last edited:

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
I've had mine a few years now, and I think the short bit is stuck solid even if I wanted it off.
I've relegated mine to a spare thats also gathering dust for the exact same reasons as above, end piece kept faking off and then eventually stuck solid and serves no purpose

Additionally the main sections stick together at any hint of rain and I had to drive home a couple of times with it sticking out of the car window

On top of that it bends much more than I want my handles to bend

Cheap handles but definitely over rated

Compared to my Drennan Rigidex it's a Mickey Mouse bit of tackle despite what the TriCast fan club says!!!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I've relegated mine to a spare thats also gathering dust for the exact same reasons as above, end piece kept faking off and then eventually stuck solid and serves no purpose

Additionally the main sections stick together at any hint of rain and I had to drive home a couple of times with it sticking out of the car window

Compared to my Drennan Rigidex it's a Mickey Mouse bit of tackle despite what the TriCast fan club says!!!
I got a Drennan Acolyte handle , and it’s awesome, never had a problem with it, I didn’t like that tri-cast

davylad

Site Supporter

I've got to say I've been well satisfied with mine, I wouldn't have unshipped it there ever, and mine has never stuck once. It definitely doesn't bend much either, mind you I only have the need to use two sections. Is it the same one as mine wasn't cheap?

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
I'm talking about the XRS handle

Bends, sticks, falls apart!

Not good enough

Big let down as I have a TriCast Trilogy feeder rod which despite being overpriced and fitted with an awful cheap reel seat is still a class bit of kit

Status
Not open for further replies.