TriCast Excellence Feeder 10ft

Sebbie

Site Supporter
I've recently joined a club that has some smallish lakes, with lots of overhanging trees and snags in the swims. I decided that my existing feeder rods where either too light for the snaggy swims and carp to low doubles, or too long and stiff which risked hooking trees rather than fish.

I had been informed by the members that the carp are wily buggers and you need to cast within inches of the lillies, trees etc to prise them out. They also ignore anything presented on thickish line, but fortunately the maximum cast is c.25 yards.

After much research and taking advice from various sources I decided to buy the Tricast Excellence 10ft Feeder. As there are no dealers near here I took the risk of buying this 'sight-unseen', and so was rather concerned when this feather-light slim rod arrived, believing that this would not be strong enough to keep the fish away from the snags. I needn't have worried.

The way this thing bends and the amount of force you can apply to near double-figure fish on light lines is unbelievable! It also casts accurately and consistently, and massively flatters my ham fisted skills. My mate has a Drennen Acolyte Plus (which was the other rod in my final 2) and we recently swapped for a couple hours, and he was desperate not to switch back!

Whether fishing a small conventional feeder for roach, crucians and skimmers on 0.10 or method for carp on 0.22, this rod has it all covered. The only other rod that comes close to inspiring confidence when playing fish is my ancient Normark No 1, which is about the highest praise that I can bestow!

Rick123

Site Supporter
I've recently joined a club that has some smallish lakes, with lots of overhanging trees and snags in the swims. I decided that my existing feeder rods where either too light for the snaggy swims and carp to low doubles, or too long and stiff which risked hooking trees rather than fish.

I had been informed by the members that the carp are wily buggers and you need to cast within inches of the lillies, trees etc to prise them out. They also ignore anything presented on thickish line, but fortunately the maximum cast is c.25 yards.

After much research and taking advice from various sources I decided to buy the Tricast Excellence 10ft Feeder. As there are no dealers near here I took the risk of buying this 'sight-unseen', and so was rather concerned when this feather-light slim rod arrived, believing that this would not be strong enough to keep the fish away from the snags. I needn't have worried.

The way this thing bends and the amount of force you can apply to near double-figure fish on light lines is unbelievable! It also casts accurately and consistently, and massively flatters my ham fisted skills. My mate has a Drennen Acolyte Plus (which was the other rod in my final 2) and we recently swapped for a couple hours, and he was desperate not to switch back!

Whether fishing a small conventional feeder for roach, crucians and skimmers on 0.10 or method for carp on 0.22, this rod has it all covered. The only other rod that comes close to inspiring confidence when playing fish is my ancient Normark No 1, which is about the highest praise that I can bestow!

I have the 11' version, I love mine. Perfect for even big carp well into doubles.

Paul.P

Been saying this about these rods all year, but to be honest unless you've used one, you just don't know what your missing !

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

I have tricast cast rods ,expensive but have that wow factor worth every penny

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
I have tricast cast rods ,expensive but have that wow factor worth every penny
I dont think in comparison to some other brands that these rods are expensive.
I've just bought four dawia rods,and I'm regretting it already. I should have bought tricast.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I dont think in comparison to some other brands that these rods are expensive.
I've just bought four dawia rods,and I'm regretting it already. I should have bought tricast.
Not tried the expensive daiwa rods but I'm sure they will be brilliant . Most daiwa is good I've tried . I'm not just saying this tri cast are brilliant and at the other end I can vouch for tfgear and garbolino picker rods superb value for money

Spadger123

I have 2 of the 10ft version, they are superb rods but... I've tried the free spirit and may switch to these in the near future.