Tricast excellence 980

chris1967

Site Supporter
It’s not my intention to stir things up genuinely, but that being said I’m curious is there a problem with these poles as I’ve never seen so many of a particular pole come up for sale as this has

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
It’s not my intention to stir things up genuinely, but that being said I’m curious is there a problem with these poles as I’ve never seen so many of a particular pole come up for sale as this has
No theyre really good poles , i only sold mine to get square butts again . If i knew about having the butts made square i would have kept the 980 for sure and saved myself £1500. They are truly good poles . Kel sold his because he wasnt happy the perception didnt fit exactly on last section but rates the pole highly . He gets a new pole every six months or so .... try and find a bad comment on them.

chris1967

Site Supporter
No theyre really good poles , i only sold mine to get square butts again . If i knew about having the butts made square i would have kept the 980 for sure and saved myself £1500. They are truly good poles . Kel sold his because he wasnt happy the perception didnt fit exactly on last section but rates the pole highly . He gets a new pole every six months or so .... try and find a bad comment on them.
But the brownings better robert come on say it lol. Just seems odd as a flagship pole costing so much most are reluctant to let them go so soon after buying them and take a hit on them,not saying you but there has been a few up for sale over recent months

robert d

Site Supporter
No theyre really good poles , i only sold mine to get square butts again . If i knew about having the butts made square i would have kept the 980 for sure and saved myself £1500. They are truly good poles . Kel sold his because he wasnt happy the perception didnt fit exactly on last section but rates the pole highly . He gets a new pole every six months or so .... try and find a bad

It won't be bad it's a Tricast.
Ive had 4 tri cast all superb , the iconic was good to 14m but it wss a little bit wobbly in strong winds but really strong ,same as margins . The 980 is super stiff super responsive ,very strong and a good amount of kit and back up from tri cast .. if i dont get on with the sphere because of strength i will admit i dropped a bullock.and get another 980 , well see ,but with a square butt or 2 l Iol

robert d

Site Supporter
But the brownings better robert come on say it lol. Just seems odd as a flagship pole costing so much most are reluctant to let them go so soon after buying them and take a hit on them,not saying you but there has been a few up for sale over recent months
I havent used the sphere yet , im hoping its better but it will not be as strong for sure , it may feel better , square butts are mint , i havent even put a topkit on a number 3 yet

robert d

Site Supporter
I havent used the sphere yet , im hoping its better but it will not be as strong for sure , it may feel better , square butts are mint , i havent even put a topkit on a number 3 yet
Its a minimum a grand more , i cant wait for a decent day to have a waggle and compare to 980

robert d

Site Supporter
People have bought in lock down ,cant get out match fishing and bad weather ,or maybe money is now tight with work . If i could afford it i would have kept 980 and had 2 top poles but i needed to sell to get sphere. I had a uk1 regarded highly seen a few of those sold to .

Paul.P

Have to agree Chris, its strange to see so many almost brand new poles being sold & i have noticed quite a few are tricast, i even picked up an almost new perception yesterday at a very respectable price, but the guy had had no work for a while & needed the cash. Does make you wonder why though ?, like the brand new one in the For Sale section, never been used, makes you wonder why buy it in the 1st place ?

robert d

Site Supporter
Have to agree Chris, its strange to see so many almost brand new poles being sold & i have noticed quite a few are tricast, i even picked up an almost new perception yesterday at a very respectable price, but the guy had had no work for a while & needed the cash.
Times are hard ,covid ,worry about work ,freezing weather, no matches , theyre taking up drinking